Cella Compendium/Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 28, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

So today's SOTD with Cella went great. BBS. I also got to finish it off with Cella A/S. Double bonus!
    The A/S smells really nice(doesn't smell like the soap). Can't put my finger on what it smells like. Goes into the Smells Good column rather than the Smells Bad column.

2. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

I've been eyeing the Cella A/S for awhile now. I just might have to pick some up. I know it doesn't smell like the soap, but I'm such a huge fan of Cella, that I feel like I'm letting myself down by not having it, lol.

Kokak likes this.
  3. Legend In My Spare Time

Fantastic shave tonight with my Cella from the brick. I hadn't used Cella in a few weeks due to my current B&M addiction, but I managed to pry myself away it long enough get my wonderful and favorite shave soap of all time. Nothing but protection, cushion, and slickness as always from my Italian soft soap champ. Great face feel afterwards and I'm irritation free.

I loves me some Cella. :love055:

Kokak, MObigfoot and RetLEO-07 like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

Since I'm doing a Focus on soaps this month, Cella will be used this upcoming shave week(Sun-Fri). Looking forward to it.

5. Legend In My Spare Time

I didn't shave tonight, but I did have a wonderful face scrub with my Omega Pro 49 and Cella. My face is smooth, clean, and feeling awesome. Followed it up some some shea nut oil - looking forward to tomorrow night's shave with some Cella. :)

Kokak likes this.
  6. RetLEO-07

This morning's Easter shave with Cella was great. Spending the week with it this week. And with the A/S too. :love055:

Tedolph and Kokak like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

Gotta bring this thread back to page one so the new guys can see it. Gonna go all Cella in the morning. Crema Da Barba to mow 'em down, Lozione Dopobarba to make me smell great!
    :love055:

Kokak likes this.
  8. Legend In My Spare Time

I have definitely been neglecting my Cella as of late. I've been smitten with Soap Commander Integrity's awesome quality. I really need to get back into my Cella routine as well. I think Soap Commander outperforms Cella on the thickness and volume of the lather with my water, but Cella has far more residual slickness than Soap Commander. Both are amazing soaps.

Kokak likes this.
  9. Legend In My Spare Time

Went back to my beloved Cella last night. Such a joy to shave with. I had been using my Soap Commander exclusively as of late, but managed to pry myself away long enough to use my chunk of Cella from the Kilo. Effortlessly produced gobs of luscious lather with fantastically slick and protective properties. I don't think this soap will ever leave my Top 3 - it is pure perfection.

Kokak and AGHisBBS like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

Did my back to work shave this morning with the Cella. As always, slick, cushiony and smelled great. 2.5 passes with a GEM Featherweight/PAL combo. Finished with Cella Lozione Dopobarba.
    Great way to start the short work week!

11. RetLEO-07

Tomorrow I'll be starting the last blade in my GEM/Featherweight Focus- GEM Blue Stars. Going to use the Cella to start my shave week. As always, looking forward to it!

12. Kondor

Kondor Member

Cella shaving soap is a very cheap soap. Yes, it has a strong almod scent, but it is pure chemistry... Lot of people, like me, have discovered that we are allergic to benzaldehyde (the almond smell). It is also a tallow based soap.
    Also another Italian (very cheap) almond soap has the same problem (less than Cella because it smells a lot less): the red Figaro made dy TFS (the same OEM manufacturer of RazoRock soaps).

But, if you are not allergic to benzaldehyde and love its scent, for sure Cella is your soap!

To be honest I don't like a lot almond scent in shaving soaps but I still like a very good artisan soap, fully vegan and not irritating to me, manufactured by La Saponeria Artigiana (it means "the artisan soap maker"). Almond smell is less strong and not so syntetic. Protection is very high. It is cheap like Cella and can be bought also as "one kilo brick". Ingredients: AQUA, POTASSIUM STEARATE, POTASSIUM PALMITATE, POTASSIUM COCOATE,PARFUM, ELAEIS GUINEENSIS,COCOS NUCIFERA.

Screwtape, Kokak and RetLEO-07 like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

IMG_0492.JPG
    This morning's shave. 2.5 passes of shaving excellence!

14. Legend In My Spare Time

Fantastic shave with wonderful Cella. I seemed to really dial in the lather today and got a fantastic shave from it. Cella can hold a ton of water and tonight I tried to push it to the limits - the result: a much more luxurious lather. This is my desert island soap for sure.

15. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

I just received my 1st tub of Cella Cream and WOW! The scent is amazing. I am looking forward to my shave this evening.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  16. RetLEO-07

You're gonna love it!

17. RetLEO-07

Gonna give the Cella Crema Da Barba some love in the morning.

Kokak likes this.
  18. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I loved cella but unfortunately it went bad before i could use most of it. Just because i have too many soaps and cant get around to using it enough.

But its a wonderful product and id recommend it to someone that doesnt plan on buying many soaps.

I still wanted that scent so i got stirling almond creme and razorock original. Both are great.

Kokak likes this.
  19. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

If you are referring to it turning dark, scrape it off and continue to use it. It does not bother me, and the soap is fine.

Kokak likes this.
  20. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

It turned dark and smelled like a wet animal. There was no saving it. All of the almond scent was gone.

Kokak likes this.