Cella Compendium/Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 28, 2017.

1. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Ciao Sergio

AlfredoT and Tedolph like this.
  2. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Well here we are into summer, so I am using my mentholated cream (Gillette Pure-don't ask) on the hottest days and Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus on most days. The Pure is very slick, almost slimy (!) but the cushion not so great and it doesn't rinse cleanly. The F/A is actually great. Performance maybe even slightly better than Cella in the cushion department, but you know what? I miss my Cella. Nothing beats its aroma and post shave feel. I think I will switch back to it in fall rather than wait until winter as I usually do.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well, this is an old thread got resurrected. I broke out the Cella this morning and was not disappointed. It is one of the soaps that will always be in my den. It lathered very easily, providing protection, and rinsed easily. Great soap. It will be on deck through Sunday's shave.
    sos210701.JPG

4. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I've never tried Cella but I think I will after I complete the Proraso Challenge.

Paolo D

5. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Nearing the end of my third kilo of Cella, have maybe 2 more bowl fills left in the fridge before ordering # 4. Along with Arko (bowl pressed) Cella is a permanent soap to my the soaps that I use.

6. Tallships

Kilo #4 of Cella and box of 12 of Arko (to be bowl pressed) # 2 has arrived, two permanent shave soaps.

7. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

I started up a red tub of Cella in September 2019. I shave every 2 to 3 days. It's finally almost empty. It's a great soap.

8. Tallships

Time to get the Kilo:) will last over two years, Will fill your red Cella container 12 times. I like to just cut off a small piece put it in my favorite bowl, re-wrap and put back in the Fridge

9. Tedolph

Will be Fall soon. Getting closer to time to break out the Cella!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Ksblazer likes this.
  10. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Cella is a great soap. I have noticed though that the listed ingredients on the package doesn't include the almond EO any more. They only list 'parfum' which usually refers to fragrance oil. I have some of the older one and there is a listing for natural almond oil along with the FO. So does anyone know if they actually changed the formulation?..

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  11. Tedolph

The better not mess with this soap, that's all I got to say!

Slipperyjoe likes this.