CELLA Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Johnny, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I think I'm going to order a KG soon. I'll just freezer bag them in 100g pouches and keep them in the basement which is cool, dark and dry. Hmmm, might look into using a fridge spot too, not sure.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I've had a kilo of Cella and Vitos in freezer bags in the closet for a little over a year . I notice the bricks have gotten a tad harder and a yellowing where I cut the Vitos brick , both remain white in color and the scents seem basically intact with the Cella scent changing a bit , I pick up from the Cella brick a very slight off scent now. I put some vintage tallow soaps in the Cella bag and now they are scented Cella.

3. Neolithium

From what I've been reading; keeping them in the freezer causes no ill effects and stops any changes with the soap until thawed out- I may go that route instead.

4. joshkamradt

joshkamradt Member

I too keep mine in the freezer

After i vacume sealed it in pieces so i dont have to thaw it when i want a piece

5. Neolithium

Well I'll find out soon. I ordered a KG of Cella from ItalianBarber last night and have it en route, along with a few other goodies. I'm probably just going to measure out amounts in ziplocks and toss 800G in there and keep 200g for shaving in my Grundtal containers.

Ceferguson likes this.
  6. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

It is tied with razo rock r160 as my favorite soap

7. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

ne
    Neolithium Next time you order a kilogram of cella let me know I would go in halves with you..

8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I love Cella. After I get done trying stuff I received in PIF's, I'm using that stuff.

It's in my top 5.

crackstar likes this.
  9. Boaz

Boaz Something different

Another vote for cella, I got together with another 3 guys and we each took a quarter of the kilo. It's brilliant and will last for ages.

10. Neolithium

So filled up one of my Grundtal containers (I forgot how much this is the epitome of soft soap), still debating on a ziplock freezer bag or just keeping it tightly wrapped up in the original package and keep it in the dry cool basement. Does anyone who freezes it find any change in the consistency/performance/scent or does it thaw and become the same lovely stuff right away?

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

If the Cella scent was a bit more 'mature' rather than the uber sweet candy scent it has..it might de-throne 3P as my favorite Italian Almond croap.

On a sidenote I just got the Razorock Classic which also falls into this category....I may have a "Battle of the Italian Almond croaps" review coming up lol - to see who wins the battle :)

12. Neolithium

Well, I re-loaded my Grundtal container for the second time since I bought the 1kg brick. It's just been in its original packaging since I got it, under the bathroom sink (Moist, WHOOPS) however the past 3 months have done nothing at all to the consistency, performance or scent of it all. Just in case - because I can't use it up fast enough I've tossed it into a large ziplock bag, removed most of the air and shoved it back in its original box and its sitting in a corner in the bathroom again. I'm really assuming the one red tub of bad Cella I had, must have been on a shelf since time began because this stuff just doesn't seem to want to spoil.

Omelmad likes this.
  13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Well that's a good thing =P

14. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I have a red tub enroute. Hope i like. Seems the tub diameter is a bit small.

15. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Yeah it is. I moved mine to a wider container and it worked great.

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have some Cella somewhere in the house. I should use it because it's so good.

17. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

I've some Cella winging its way to me and I'm looking forward to it.

18. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Cella is good. Its not one of my favorites but its a good all around soap. Has a nice scent and leathers easily.

Definitely should be in everyone's den.

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I like Cella a lot. It's just the fact that my favorite almond scented croap these days is 3P that stops me from buying more.

20. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

Cella is nice. I used it today. Transferred out of that small red tub and into a larger wooden bowl from mama bear. I see why so many like cella. Previously I liked panama boellis but over the year I owned it, the color and scent profile changed, not for the better.

Cella can rival panama boellis. Cella is nicer than razorock p160, and classic.

I would love to try cold river almond but $25plus shipping is a bit steep when cella is $13 shipped.

Darkbulb likes this.