I purchased a Rockwell 6 about a 2 years ago. You may remember that I had the razor for some time when I discovered that the top cap wasn't seating correctly. to make a long story - short Rockwell stepped up and I received a replacement. I put the Rockwell aside because I wasn't able to get a satisfactory shave with my usual testing setup. When trying a new razor I've always used the same tools in order to reduce the variability. The same blades (Astra Superior Platinum) soap (Nivea), even the brush. This (I thought) made the razor the only variable. About a month ago I pulled the Rockwell out to put it either into rotation or sell off. My first shave I used a Derby. A blade not known for its superior performance. I got a perfect shave. Close, tug and pull free. I then put in various blades for the next few weeks until yesterday when I put a Astra SP into the Rockwell. WOW what a blood bath. Not literally but pull-tug-pain. I've reset my testing process now to use several different blades in any new razor in order to give the razor a fair review.