Cheap but good AS?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by NoahG, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Tforc

Tforc Member

Yea same story down to last bottle love the sent. What about other bay rums are they just as good?
    B

2. NoahG

NoahG Member

I also like the Master's, Stephan's and Ogalalla bay rums. Masters is easily found at Sally's beauty supplies and I found the stephans at a barber shop in Portland but its available through appleton online I think.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

"Traditional" bay rums (and I'm not even sure what exactly that'd be) can really put people off...they may not dislike it as much as it's just so unusual these days that they can't cut being around it. For that reason, and for the non-clove fragrance, I'd pick Superior 70 and Oglala's as the most pleasant (to me) and least off-putting (to others).

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Aqua Velva Blue and Old Spice are standards everyone should have.

5. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

My personal faves:

Clubman: Original, Lilac Veg., Special Reserve, V.I. Bay Rum
    Booster: Mosswood, Oriental Spice
    Old Spice

Oh, and all this talk of alcohol burn... I look forward to it! When I slap on my A/S, I like it to slap me back! That tells me it's working!!

6. theshaver

theshaver Member

If you like balms, I suggest the Nivea ones. They are all around 5-7 bucks at your local drug store. I like the Arctic Blue one and the high performance green one. Thats just me

7. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

With the hot summer weather I have been enjoying Barbasol Brisk and Stephans Island Lime. Both are vary low cost.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I mixed up 1/2 witch hazel, 1/2 Master Ocean Blue and tossed in some meth crystals. The watery eyes tells you it's working.

9. Sir Swine

Sir Swine Member

Where can you find the Stephans Island lime?

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Appleton Barber Supply carries it.