cheap DE travel case

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by VANCE723, Jul 18, 2011.

1. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

being a noob to wetshaving i dont have all the items needed for a complete DE set.
    i am taking a trip next week and do not have a real way to carry my ej de89l.
    i started to scrounge around the house today looking for something to jump out at me. i opened a draw full of old cell phones & related items when something caught my eye..

its a old sony cell phone case that was still in the plastic
    [​IMG]

even has the foam to help it keep its shape..
    [​IMG]

so then i reached over and grabbed my trusty fiddleback forge kitchen knife & make a few cuts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so i hoping this will get me by until i can get a proper kit when i get back

CmdrBond likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Active Member

Now thats using the ole noggin! Good job using what you have there, looks like it will serve you well.

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Nothin wrong with that! Nicely done!

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think that will work as well if not better than some of the cheap travel cases I've seen costing too much $.

5. jonny_j22

jonny_j22 New Member

Excellent job... as a fellow noob bodger I'm very jealous - my travel case is an old soap dish! Great photos, your Jagger looks amazing, gotta love the chroming from the city of steel!

Jon

6. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

That'll work!

Here's one I made for a pristine Travel Tech whose leather case was falling apart.

[​IMG]

I had the leather and some 3/4" thick sheet Delrin. The radial arm saw did the rest... just nibbled it away. Oh, and I drilled a hole for the threaded portion of the head to rest into to keep it from moving around. I can keep a blade in the head and it'll be in the same condition after travel as it was when it was put in the case. Superglue holds the block to the leather and holds the velcro strips in place. It's just slightly longer than the original leather case, but not as fat.

I don't know why someone couldn't make one better than this.

11Series likes this.
  7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

altoids case + foam = instant travel case