Cheap eBay Badger Hair Shave Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by soulshine, Apr 25, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I picked this off eBay the other day and plan to use it as my travel brush. I figure I will have both ends of the spectrum now with this cheap brush and the new Shavemac group buy.

I will post actual pics when it arrives but this is an idea of what's on the way.

001.jpg

2. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Awck! Them rogue hairs ;)

Nice! I have a small Edwin Jagger BBB that I have for daily use and fits perfectly in one of those old "travel tubes". Perfect!

Looks like you have made a good find!

3. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I didn't like packing my BLK4 in a toilet paper roll any longer for 3-4 days of travel. If left in the warm car during the summer months I was thinking the hairs could potentially become musty and/or moldy.

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

5. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I have relegated my C&E BBB to travel duty but it looks like you got a neat little brush there. I'll be curious to see how it ends up.

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

It does look like a Delong brush that I had some time ago, turned out to be a pretty good brush! Grats!

7. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Thanks - it should be here in another 2 weeks or so. I will post actual images when it arrives.

8. crosbie

crosbie Member

Hey I have one of those Delong brushes for about a week now. Great brush!!! Holds a surprising amount of water and is very soft on the face. For $30 I don't think you'll do any better. Congrats on a wonderful find!!!
    One last note the packaging is not great, just a padded envelope and plastic box, so be aware that you'll prob lose a few hairs on the first few shaves but once the brush settles down you'll be trilled.
    Crosbie

9. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

I am looking forward to hearing how you like it.
    I like mine.
    EVERYONE who has one likes it.
    Soft, luxurious...
    It's one of those "unbelieveable" winners...Too good to be true...But is true...
    :)

10. jwoods

jwoods New Member

keep us updated on it

11. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Well Gents, this is how it arrived. Packaging poor, zero protection for the brush as the plastic carton was smashed flat. Delivery time = about 2 weeks. It seems considerably stiffer the the C&E BBB. I'll give it a go later tonight to see how it lathers.

IMG_3489.JPG
    IMG_3490.JPG
    IMG_3491.JPG

12. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Ack! Hopefully it is decent though.. despite the shipping job.

13. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Here at the bloom pics of said brush. A few hairs were lost but nothing to be concerned about.

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3495.jpg

14. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

:eek: You didn't pay $180 for the premium shipping?
    Shame on you! You get what ya pay for!!!!

OK, OK. Not a bad looking brush for the price. If it turns out like mine did, it just gets softer and softer! EnjoY! :cool:

15. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Did you loose any hairs during the first few uses?

16. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

who did you buy it from and do they sell them regularily?

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Looks nice :D, a bit larger bloom than I seem to like, but looks like a winner :)

I think s~s picked it up on e-bay.....

18. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I would guess no more than a dozen over the two years I had it.

19. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Yes - it was bought on eBay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310039123517

No - I have not purchased from them before & I am unsure as to future purchases due to poor packaging. If you check their items for sale they seem to list them regularly. As far as the brush, it is a very large knot but I do not know the dimensions. The hairs that have been lost are very wavy - not straight like the others...I am assuming these were not even glued into the socket and are just a part of the bundle.

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor