Checking in: Christmas update and what soap to try?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ShowMeState1977, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Hello all! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I did!

My wife and her family really blessed me with the shaving goodies. My wife got me an Omega Stripey Badger Brush which is very nice, and my Inlaws loaded me up with soap(which is what I asked for)! They got me a puck of Institut Karite, a puck of MWF, and a bowl of Tabac. They also got me a tub of Lucky Tiger lemon face cleanser.

The only other soap I have is C&E Nomad. Which of the new ones should I try first?

Any tips? I hear MWF is persnickety. I'll go searching for other threads.

--------------------------------------------
    Still loving the AV!:D

2. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I can talk to you about Tabac and the MWF. For me neither is hard to make good lather from. Just be sure to get enough soap on the brush when you load up and just add water as needed to make great lather right on your face.

As for which I would try first. No doubt about it I would go with the Tabac. I just love the scent and it does make great lather.

3. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I have only tried the Tabac. I would definately start with it, I think you will find it quite nice. Good luck with the decision and let us know what you think of them.

4. Blades

Blades New Member

My wife gave me 3 items from Crabtree & Evelyn: Badger hair brush, Nomad soap in a nice teak dish, and some after after shave balm.
    I shaved Christmas day. :)
    I'm still working on getting the soap to lather properly. There must be a trick.

5. maxpower

maxpower Member

I have used C&E, Tabac and MWF. I would start with the Tabac. It is the easiest of the three to make lather with. It will give you a reference point for what you will be shooting for when you go to the C&E and MWF soaps.

Tabac, MWF and C&E are good soaps. Enjoy!

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

7. I have the C&E Nomad soap and I really like it.

What I do to get a lather is to soak my brush per usual, and then hit the soap, swirling until lather just started to drip out over the dish. Then I would create the lather in a separate bowl.

The important thing I think is to make sure you're hydrating enough, and as long as you're doing that you can make a really nice, very pleasant scented lather that performs quite well.

What I have become accustomed to is probably overkill, but if you're really having trouble making a lather its worth a go. You should have no trouble getting lather this way.

Tabac lathers more easily, but I like the scent of the Nomad better. I have no experience with MWF, although people rave about it.

8. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Alright Mizzou. What have you tried and what did you like?

9. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I haven't tried the Nomad, but I have the Sandalwood and Sienna and I basically do the same thing with it. I think it is a great soap.