Cigar Today, Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Aedan382, Dec 28, 2012.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Any thoughts on Candela wrappers?

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

They are green. In the past, they have been so so. Nothing to write home about. Try one, if you like it, buy a box of them.

3. DaltonGang

I will look at firing one up, either Tues or Wed. My days off. Or, perhaps Thurs, before I go into work, during the daylight hours.

Bama Samurai and BamaT like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

They are not my favorite. I like maduros. I was wondering what someone who did smoke them found good in them. I am also way to cheap to buy boxes. I pick up some here and there from the shop usually.

brit, AGHisBBS and DaltonGang like this.
  5. DaltonGang

Sancho Panza. Extra Fuerte

This was one of my regular cigars, years ago. I had half a box sitting in my Humidor Chest, for about 8-10 years. So, I figured it was time to fire one up.. It has been many months since I've smoked a cigar, and this one didn't disappoint me. It was kept at the perfect humidity, and tasted, and smell great, from the first draw. Strong, and creamy tasting, with a very pleasant smell. I sat outside, with my Rescue Dog, and smoked away. She doesn't get enough attention, and I don't get to smoke cigars enough. So, Win Win, for both of us.

P9250569.JPG

BamaT, Erik Redd and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Have you tried any of the Drew Estate MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cure? They are pretty bold in flavor, you either like em or hate em. They Have the 'Swamp Thang" sub blend that has a Candela wrapper. I have not try one yet, but I hear they are really good.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have not tried those. I have had the italian style cured cigars and like them. There is some Kentucky ones that I like too. But I can not say anything about the Drew Estate ones. Next time I stop at the Cigar shop I will look into that.

8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I had a Leaf by Oscar Maduro last week that was very nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. Navarrsky

Navarrsky Well-Known Member

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial

[​IMG]

BamaT and AGHisBBS like this.
  10. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

My local smoke shop carries theses and you are right, they are a very nice cigar (and not too expensive).

SharptoothC likes this.
  11. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

My daily driver of late has been the Rocky Patel Edge (yellow band).

BamaT likes this.
  12. DaltonGang

Padilla Especial Edicion

This has been in my small Humidor since 2006. It was a nice 1 hour smoke, outside, with a good Saint Arnold's "LawnMower" beer. Relaxing, just me, the dog, a lot of Honey Bees(on my Orange and Lemon Trees), and a few Monarch Butterflies. All the girls were out, for a "Girls Day". Very quiet, except for when the dog caught 4 bees. Silly thing just wont learn. She is waging war against them.

P3150841.JPG

13. jr2

jr2 Active Member

Relaxing to a H. UPPMAN Half Corona and Havana Club today.

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS and Keithmax like this.
  14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Did the aging help the cigar? Someone I know that is a big cigar guy placed some cigars that were in his option just okay, into a humidor with some more expensive sticks. He said with just 6 months in the humidor, there was a noticeable improvement. He’s leaving a few of those in there for a longer period to see just how much they may improve. Not sure if it was a little aging, or being in a humidor with better cigars. Aging in glass jars really helps some pipe tobaccos, especially Virginias.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  15. DaltonGang

It was a decent cigar, to begin with. It was keeping company with about 20 Opus X, as well a a few other top shelf cigars. They do mellow out a little, with age, in a good humidor.

AGHisBBS and BamaT like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

17. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Ashtons with a maduro wrapper. Smooth yet flavorful.

AGHisBBS and Keithmax like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Opus X is my son’s favorite cigar. I’ve only tried one, and really liked it, but was a tad on the stout side for me. I’m a bit sensitive to copious amounts of vitamin N.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  19. DaltonGang

Well, i use used to smoke two cigars a day, and had many very nice sticks. Opus X were my favorites, and I smoked them, rarely, but I was able to acquire a few. They were sold, in this area, on a limited basis. Rare as hens teeth. I was even able to acquire real Cubans. I have several hundred very nice cicars, in my humidors, and humidor chest, too. But, i became allergic to the smoke. It made me itchy, all over, and stopped up my sinus. So, now i limit myself to only a few a year. My wife doesnt miss them, but I do. Good thim is, I have them ready, when I get the urge.

BamaT and AGHisBBS like this.
  20. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Esteban Carreras Chupacabra and a glass of Henry McKenna 10-Year Bottled-In-Bond Bourbon. Both are extremely nice. I'm trying both for the first time, and they have shot straight to the top for me in their respective categories.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and BamaT like this.