Cigar Today, Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Aedan382, Dec 28, 2012.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A bit cool this afternoon, low to mid 40s. Not too bad. Got a fire going in my pit and fired up a Holt's Factory Special maduro. A nice stick I really like from Nicaragua that won't break the bank at just $2.69. And a bonus is that Holt's is only 20 minutes away in Northeast Philly.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Bobcat likes this.
  2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Casa Blanca-Dominican-Nice smoke!

[​IMG]

KLF likes this.
  3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Cubans will be more available soon

4. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Some people think that due to high demand in the new US market , the quality of cubans will go down and prices up, at least for a while.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think the end result will be cheaper Cuban cigars but you may be right on the quality suffering. I have a humidor that holds 1000 cigars and it is over half full 90% of which are Cubans so I really don't care. I would like to travel to Cuba though

KLF and Bobcat like this.
  6. swarden43

Weather was nice so I went out and got the fire pit going.
    The director of the school I work at gave me three Ashton VSGs and today I enjoyed one beside the fire.
    He said it his favorite cigar and I can understand why - a fantastic smoke.
    I currently have a six figure income, but come the day when the decimal point is in the right place, I can see these taking up a permanent place in my humidor.

Bobcat and KLF like this.
  7. Today I get to enjoy a Padilla Vintage Reserve

8. swarden43

Times like this I wish I had a garage.
    I won't smoke in the house and single digit wind chill keeps me from smoking outside.

Yeah, I could go to the cigar store, but sometimes just inconvenient.

9. I'm with you, never smoke in the house. I smoke in my backyard or just drive 10 min. to my cigar store. It's like 10 outside now.

10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Rocky Patel Edge Torpedo Maduro
    [​IMG]

This was a real nice smoke.

Bobcat, KLF and Tattoobob like this.
  11. That's a great Medium-Full body smoke

12. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Has anyone tried to pair cigars with cranberry juice? I'm on antibiotics and can't have alcohol

13. Never, how was it

14. swarden43

Me and a couple of guys are heading up to Hamburg, PA. We'll stop in the HUGE Cabela's (I want to check out some fly fishing gear), then head up to their cafeteria for elk burgers and bison brats.

After that we're heading one parking lot over to browse around Cigars International and have a smoke. I also need to pick up some cigars to fill out the new humidor I got for Christmas.

Cohiba has a new cigar from Nicaragua I want to try. I'm partial to the Nicaraguan sticks and figured I would splurge a bit for the Cohiba.

I'll be sure to let you all know my thoughts on it later.

15. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Steve-I am very jealous! Have a blast both places. I think I will have a Cohiba Red Dot tonight............

Michael Williams likes this.
  16. The first decent cigar I had was a Joya de Nicaragua. 85 cents in 1974.

KLF and swarden43 like this.
  17. swarden43

Sorry, forgot to say a little bit about that Cohiba Nicaraguan.

Super smooth. A heavy cigar indicating a ton of filler, yet very professionally rolled so as to provide an easy draw. A very slow, even burn.

The flavor that stood out most was a hint of coffee.

Full bodied. Left me just on the edge of being light headed. Glad I had that elk burger and fries for lunch. An empty stomach would not have faired well.

Buy again? Oh, yeah!

KLF likes this.
  18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this Montecristo Classic yesterday.

[​IMG]

KLF and swarden43 like this.
  19. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

:happy108:Usually don't do Rockys, but had a vintage 92 and an A Turrant Triple Maduro yesterday. Looks like an Oliva V Maduro or Liga No. 9 this afternoon. Like the Kristoff Maduros as well!

20. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I have been trying a new cigar by Xikar, the H-C Cororjo. It is a very good medium body smoke.

[​IMG]

KLF likes this.