Claus Porto Soaps

Discussion in 'Bath Soap/Gel Reviews' started by lamontqsanford, Dec 28, 2008.

1. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I can't believe this hasn't been reviewed yet. I purchased 3 bars of Claus Porto and have just finished the Pear Sandalwood scented bar.

These soaps work even better than regular, mass produced, bars of soap. They clean the body well and leave no soapy residue on the body.

As far as moiturizing goes this soap is the first one that hasn't left my skin dried out. The shea butter and other goodies in this really moisturize.

The scent of these soaps is great. Not overly powerful but they certainly get my scense of smell going in the morning.

For me the uses per product is a little lacking. The bar is 12.3 oz and is pretty large. I just finished my first bar and found that I only got a little over a month of use out of it. I was expecting to get about 2 months, at least, out of a bar.

Price is expensive. I am not a tight wad but when I spend $16 on a bar of soap I expect it to last much longer than a month.

Overall I like this soap. I purchased 3 different scents of soap and once they are gone I will probably try a different brand. This is not because of quality but mainly because of price.

2. Claus Porto Basil Lime

Unlike lamont, I've actually found the longevity of this soap to be pretty substantial. The 'bar' is more like one of those little footballs I had when I was a kid. I keep a rotation of body soaps, so I use this one a couple of times a week or so and I've gotten quite a bit of use out of it.

It rinses super-clean. No residue whatsoever. And I don't really have to worry about the moisturizing properties of soap because I don't get dry skin with anything, but it doesn't feel dry and it doesn't feel greasy.

The scent of the Basil Lime is pretty nice although not what I expected, and it smells more like a 'conventional' soap than a luxury soap as I was expecting, but its still pretty nice. It doesn't smell perfumy which is good, but its got a more soapy flavor to it than I was expecting. It smells good, just not great. The scent doesn't linger for long after washing with the soap.

It is a little pricey for soap and as good as it is, I don't think I'll be buying this one again because I've found other soaps that I like better. Scent is one of the main reasons I won't get it again. I'd just prefer something that I really like rather than something that is just OK.

I will probably at some point try a different scent of Claus Porto because the soap does such a good job on the cleansing aspect, but I wasn't really impressed with Basil Lime.