"Clean" scents

Discussion in 'Scents' started by CmdrBond, Apr 29, 2012.

1. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I'd define the C.O. Bigelow Green Elixir cologne as a "clean" scent. I received some for Christmas and find it very nice and not too overpowering.

DentonMajik likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Gray (Grey?) Flannel.

3. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

As the great 007 would have said: when asked why he and other Englishmen don't use cologne, Bond replies, "Because we bathe." ...
    Can't get any cleaner of a scent!

PLANofMAN and Erik Redd like this.
  4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

That sounds like Ian Fleming's Bond, instead of some of the later incarnations. He drank like a fish and smoked unfiltered cigarettes because he didn't expect to live past age 35. One of my favorite literary characters.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have about 1/3 remaining on my Country Club AS. I used the talc when I was introduced to Clubman as a teen, and I may return to it soon. I probably used too much as a teen!!!

6. Paul Turner

great photo of a great barbershop scent aftershave!!

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Clean and barbershop scent, here are my choices.

YSL Rive Gauche- look for the shaving can. This one is a beast too, projection and lasts and lasts.

D.R. Harris Arlington - I had the EDC and it smells wonderful but a very short lifespan, classical British cologne.

This will spark controversy but I find Tabac has a clean soapy smell, I'm not sure why so many react so negatively. It's a great value and very barbershop like to me.

Edit: Aqcua Di Parma Colonia is another clean barbershop scent and it's subtle to me.

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I would go for a fougere, like TOBS Jermyn Street cologne, or a green woody note, like Pino Silvestre. Or my favourite, a simple lavender water, like Caldey. No overly complex fragrances for me really.

10. Paul Turner

I got that as a gift maaaany years ago. Smelled great, but I kept thinking, "When will I ever be able to buy this for myself??"

11. Paul Turner

You might be able to get some Clubman in the UK-it does say "World Famous Since 1810" .

12. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I have a cologne I quite enjoy. It is simply called Clean and is exactly that. A nice clean scent

13. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. I was just going to recommend that, as I was amazed this thread has existed for three years, and no one had actually mentioned the brand. I used to wear Clean Men shortly after it came out in 2003. I've moved on from it since then, but it's certainly a fragrance one should at least consider, if looking for something "clean" smelling.