Cleansing the face with oil or OCM

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Omelmad, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Does anyone try this? My girlfriend and I started trying it yesterday.

I hear so many success stories, why not try it right,

We made a 1 part castor & 3 parts sweet almond oil concoction. But I think I'm gonna make myself another batch I have a little oily skin. By girlfriend has dry skin, this mix is really "hers". I'm gonna try it out first and see how it feels.

I can tell you it's very different

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've been known to use a couple of my wife's facial cleanser products. Let me know how it works.

Omelmad likes this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I tried it for a week or so. In reality, it worked well for me, but my wife didn't like all the towels I was leaving wiping the oil off my face. I also found it added some time to my morning routine, and with my work situation the way it is currently, I am trying to shorten up the time it takes to get ready.

I may try again once work slows down. If I can convince my wife it works, it would be easier for me to keep it up. I found a 50/50 of castor to olive oil worked well for me.

Omelmad likes this.
  4. Omelmad

I will let you know, definitely. I hope this helps with the bumps and irritation.

We already have a toner. But when it's used up, I'm gonna buy witch hazel hehe

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Omelmad

We wanted to start with olive oil, but the one we had at home was some cheap stuff. Good for food, but I want a better brand for the face =)

I have very small towels for the face, they will be good for this =D we won't be using the big ones we use for our hands. We already use them 1-2 times max and into the wash basket

6. Omelmad

I made my own mix today. 2 parts castor oil 1 part sweet almond oil.

This mix is supposed to be better for oily skin, so I'll see how it goes.

One thing I have noticed though that when I "clean" my face I don't feel my skin gets dry and taught. And that's supposed to be one of the perks

Norcalnewb likes this.
  7. Norcalnewb

I found I had to get the towel really hot to get everything cleaned up. I would never say my skin got taught like it would after using a cleanser, but it always felt clean, about like after putting a good, light moisturizer on after washing.

Omelmad likes this.
  8. Omelmad

Hmm.. I find I need to be careful around my eyes and around my face to get everything out. I'll try with warmer towel =)

I like that the skin doesn't feel taught. It means I'm not stripping my face of all the natural oils.

But isn't this method bad when shaving? I mean, won't this put a barrier around the stubble and then it doesn't react with the water and swell?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Norcalnewb likes this.
  9. Norcalnewb

I use a pre-shave oil, which I make myself, that is basically the same as what you are using for a cleanse. I usually put this on right out of the shower and let it sit for a few minutes while I get everything else ready. Then I lather and shave. It works great for me. I would think that using the OCM would be much the same, and I never noticed a change in my shaves when I was doing it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Omelmad likes this.
  10. Omelmad

Thank you, I hope is doesn't interfere =)

Placebo effect or because I haven't shaved for a few days but my face feel good. Except for some places I popped a zit or two haha

11. Omelmad

I take that back. I have a small "outbreak" I noticed while cleaning
    My face.

I did read about this oil cleansing can initially increase the zits and bumps. So we'll see what happens