Clubguy shaving soap..In a mug

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Darrin, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Darrin

Darrin Member

I bought the large size of clubguy soap. Love the smell and the lather it produces. But dang that can us a pain in the butt to open.
    I took a rubber spatula and scooped it out and packed it in my shaving mug.
    I'm new to wet shaving so not sure if I've offended the shaving gods by doing this. :)
    Do most people load their brushes in these tin cans or empty them into a shaving mug?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  2. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

picture?

3. Darrin

Darrin Member

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD "Darrin"
    :) That is one BIG container! All of my hard soaps have been repackaged into small Ziploc plastic containers, except for my Razorrock and Crabtree & Evenlyn. I find the Ziploc containers work very well for soap storage(easy to find, cheap, seal well and stack well).:happy088:

5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I like the tins, especially those wide ones because it makes loading my brush easy. I understand the tin may be hard to stack in some cases. To each his/her own.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I generally load from the container it came in. Exception: VDH and Col. Conk glycerin soaps I melt and put in bigger containers. I put my Arko in push up container.

Tdmsu likes this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time with some of the tins as well (le pere Lucien). A lot of people switch to a container that is easier to load the brush. Its your shave and as long as your happy that's all that matters.

Tdmsu and Colonel_K like this.
  8. Darrin

Darrin Member

Thanks guys. Total newb so I'm absorbing every bit of knowledge I can

9. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I don't use or want a mug, so I just use the container the product comes in. If it doesn't come in a container I'll put it in an old container I've kept or if I'm out of those a tupperware type container. By far I don't have as many soaps as some here do, but really if you have more than 2 mugs can become difficult and unwieldy.