Clubman Special Reserve Cologne

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by SpeedyPC, Nov 23, 2016.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

G'day ;)

Has anybody used Clubman Special Reserve Cologne and what do you think about this product ?

Do you like it ?
    Do you hate it ?
    And how long does this scent last in hours ?

Cheers :cool:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    RyX likes this.
  2. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

Love it and has a good duration.
    I keep the bottle at my desk because I like the sent.

SpeedyPC and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I like it. It definitely last a long time and has a great leather scent to it.

Robyflexx, SpeedyPC and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I said in another post, I am considering that when I finish my current "Original" A.S. Decisions, decisions!

SpeedyPC likes this.
  5. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It is fantastic...just like all pinaud aftershaves. The scent lasts for hours.

It has been said that, "this is the aftershave that I picture Indiana Jones wearing." I would totally agree with that statement. It is a staple in my den. you can get a 6oz bottle on eBay for under 8.50. That's one heck of a value.

Robyflexx, SpeedyPC and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like it. It's not a floral or citrus scent. I have a couple soaps that I'd classify as Savory scented that pair well. Definitely good for cool weather. Being an aftershave/cologne it has staying power. The trick is using a little, or a little more, but not too much.
    Like the other Pinaud products, decanting to a glass bottle may improve the finish.
    SOTD 11062016.gif

brit, SpeedyPC and Paul Turner like this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I'm not a fan. I tried it and its very very strong. It reminds me a little of the Vegitals scent, slightly, with the staying power of Vegital.

SpeedyPC and RyX like this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

It's very masculine. It's a he-man scent with a capital He.

Some people get turned off when they sniff it out of the bottle or when they first apply some but you need to wait for it to dry down.

I like it best later in the day when I catch a whiff while working up a sweat.

It's the kind of scent that makes women fear you and want you all at the same time (at least that's what happens in my imagination).

Zykris, brit, Robyflexx and 3 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

About your last point-having had a few sniffs at the TSD Russian Leather I just purchased(soap and AS), I'm beginning to wonder the same about the RL. But naturally I'm willing to find out!! :) It does smell nice.

SpeedyPC and John Beeman like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Love it. The scent has quite the staying power.

11. Paul Turner

Does that mean that there is a leathery-scent in the Veg?

12. Paul Turner

Maybe the Russian Leather I just bought will prep me for C-man SR, huh?

13. Paul Turner

I believe the same is true on @clubmanonline.com, let me get back to you.

14. Paul Turner

well, on the Clubman website, it is $8.95 exactly.

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I don't think The Veg has any leather scent to it, but both it and Special Reserve are Pinaud products. They both have more scent than most aftershaves and tend to stay with you longer. It's either a blessing or a curse depending on how you feel about their scent profiles.

SpeedyPC likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

No leather notes. But something about it reminds me a little of the Vegital.
    The final opinion on Special Researve is its just too strong for me.

SpeedyPC and RyX like this.
  17. SpeedyPC

@RyX I'm completely lost why did you transfer you're Clubman Special Reserve Cologne from plastic bottle to a glass bottle which I don't understand why? however there has been a number of topic from different shaving forums site and most of them do transfer their SR into a glass bottle and some don't and it strange.

Cheers :cool:

RyX likes this.
  18. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

After this thread, I had to use some SR this morning!

IMG_4442.JPG

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Two reasons.

Before I joined TSD, a previous forum SOTD thread poster had decanted his AS's into interesting bottles. I thought they looked classy. So in my thrift/ antique store shopping I started looking for vintage glass bottles. Between them and hot sauce & soy sauce bottles I have extra caps and flow restrictors.
    Secondly I read about the scent of Pinaud products being better in glass instead of the current plastic containers. So I'm following both visual aesthetic choices and guidance from those that shaved before me.
    I've also found that after the contents are moved to the new glass bottles I can save and reuse the labels. By filling the empty plastic with water and gently heating in a microwave - 10 second bursts - the glue softens and releases. The labels can be quickly moved to the new bottle where the glue cools and holds well. It has worked for Special Reserve, The Veg, Osage Rub, Florida Water, and Aqua Velva.
    SOTD 06082016.gif SOTD 07252016.gif SOTD 06182016.gif

20. SpeedyPC

Daa what the hell. I'm gunna have a crack at this Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve Cologne, thanks for you're feedback guys ;):eatdrink047:

As long as I don't smell like old man horse crap :p:kngt:

Paul Turner and RyX like this.