Clubman Users.....

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by poppi, May 26, 2019.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Let me get this straight, you list your 3 favs, but imply they all smell skunky in plastic bottles?

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

20190612_182731.jpg
    whiskey woods smells awesome.. wished it lasted longer though..

Paul Turner and Angelo85 like this.
  3. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

All the clubmans subside quickly imo :-(

brit likes this.
  4. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

It's hotter than 1,000 suns outside, so it's time for gentleman fun!
    Love the scent, and the face feel! IMG_20190614_075155_074.jpg

Paul Turner, brit and Angelo85 like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Just got home from a nice haircut-the ladies did great, as usual. She finished by slapping some Clubman talc on my neck. The other two barberettes also use Clubman on their customers.

6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have a bunch but don't like them all. My favorites are:

Original Pinaud Clubma
    Lime Sec
    Citrus Musk
    Virgin Island Bay Rum

I'm sort of lukewarm with Classic Vanilla. I don't dislike it but it doesn't inspire me the way these others do.

And the ones I won't be buying more of are:

Special Reserve
    Lilac Vegetal

I am interested in trying some others such as the new line of Reserve splashes. And maybe their regular Musk. I do love my Clubman. Great scents, great performance and great prices. Oh, and my absolute favorite of all my aftershaves no matter what brand is the original Pinaud Clubman.

Paul Turner and Angelo85 like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I'm with you on the Vanilla. Apparently, it's pretty popular (lots of 5-star reviews on Amazon), but it just isn't a choice I'd make. No more Special Reserve, eh? I'll take it, thank you very much! :). I have Gent's Gin now and look forward to tring Whiskey Woods(for the Reserves). I do love the Original, and am glad they have them at CVS.

MntnMan62 likes this.
  8. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I'm a huge vanilla fan. My favorite soap scents have lots of vanilla in them such as Stirling Barbershop and Moon Soaps Old School. I just don't get any vanilla scent from the Classic Vanilla. As for Special Reserve the scent just does not appeal to my nose. It doesn't help that it is probably the strongest scent they have so it lingers. I'd love it if the original Clubman lasted as long. Let's put it this way. I put on the Special Reserve after showering before heading out for dinner. We all get in the car and I immediately was able to smell myself. And my wife made a comment saying "What is that you're wearing?" And then my son chimed in and said "Yeah Dad, that stuff really stinks." No big deal. It's not for me. Same thing with The Veg. A much better story to go with The Veg. Again, I took a shower and shaved before going out to dinner. My den stuff is on the dresser in the guest bedroom. So, I do my thing and splash on some of The Veg while in the guest bedroom. I then headed downstairs (bedrooms are all on the second floor). My wife was still upstairs and went into the guest bedroom looking for something. I then hear her yell "Why does it smell like pee in here?! Did the dog pee in the guest bedroom?!" My son who knows about The Veg and doesn't much care for any scents at all said "No mom. It's Dad." By this time I had run back upstairs. My wife leans in to sniff me and says "You can't go out like that." So, I'm definitely not Chosen. And I don't like the scent either. My own feeling is it smells like cat urine specifically. But I love my other Clubman scents. And the Citrus Musk and Lime Sec are awesome in the summer. Great stuff. Don't know what I'd do without them.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

The only thing about the Veg that satisfies me is the history-Napoleon had his soldiers use it. But Clubman in general is pretty historic..1830-present, not bad at all. By the way, the "1810" we see on the products is wrong-1810 is when Ed Pinaud was BORN, not when he created the products.

Angelo85 and MntnMan62 like this.
  10. Paul Turner

I'm living proof that there's one that doesn't....the giant-sized original aftershave(16 oz). Oh, were you talkinabout the FRAGRANCES disappear quickly once applied??

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  11. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Brandy Spice is good too if you like Brandy soaked lightly spiced apples. I like it.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

on my list sir,thank you.i have the whiskey woods.it's nice stuff..

13. Paul Turner

Thanx for the plug on Whiskey Woods....as I wrote before, I wanted that but it was sold out, thus I "settled" for Gent's Gin. I like GG, but wouldn't use it in a snowstorm.

brit likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

I just ordered two Clubmen-another Country Club Shampoo, and the above-mentioned Whiskey Woods A.S. (4th of July Sale)

brit likes this.
  15. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I recently made 2 orders: one with Amazon and one with clubman.com. Here’s a rundown of what I’ve ordered in regards to all things Clubman related.
    Amazon
    Pinaud Clubman
    Clubman Reserve Tequila Tease and Cognac Neat

Clubman website (see photo)
    B33FF8BA-79B8-4E36-A27A-0F78377C274D.jpeg

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

The Clubman Shave Lather....is that the Brushless lather they really encourage us to just go in with our hands?

17. Angelo85

No it should be the one you can lather with a brush.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. Angelo85

Holy #clubmanpinaud Shaveman!! Today I got a massive haul from Clubman Pinaud’s website as well as Amazon. Top photo is from clubman.com bottom from Amazon. There was a mixup with the top order where they gave me a second jar of hair gel instead of the Osage Rub; I contacted them and they told me to keep the second jar of hair gel and they’ll send the Osage Rub out promptly. Great customer service all around. Pictured top from left to right: Clubman Vanilla, Blue Lustray, Jeris Musk For Men, Clubman Shave Lather, 2 jars of Clubman Superhold hair gel (I gave the second jar to my neighbor for him and his 4 sons to share), Clubman Pinaud shave soap.
    Pictured bottom: Clubman Reserve Cognac Neat, Pinaud Clubman and Clubman Reserve Tequila Tease. 4B3CA106-8D37-49B7-A1D7-77EA92430211.jpeg 84F67734-2473-416D-AE5C-BE485882309B.jpeg

19. Paul Turner

Wow, you did GREAT. I'm "moving right along" with my Country Club Shampoo-not in any danger of running out just yet .When I am in danger, I'll add a Cognac Neat A.S. to my order. But very nice haul for you!! I'll be interested in your comments on the 2 oz.shavesoap. Even they say it's more of a vanilla scent than regular, but I suppose they didn't have enough space to write "Clubman Vanilla".

Ijustmissedthe50s and Angelo85 like this.
  20. Angelo85

Thanks.

Paul Turner likes this.