Coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by burnWood, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm cutting back on my afternoon decaf coffee until this cold bug goes away. Time for tea.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I know it is sacrilege, but I love my Kuerig. Cafe Bustello k cups 6oz water and strong setting makes a great cup.

Frijolero likes this.
  4. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

But it's pre-ground? You should ask your friend to see if he can get you the beans. Then grind it yourself and it will far far fresher. And probably taste better than it already does.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. MntnMan62

I'm verklempt in the genechtagazoink. Talk amongst yourselves. Here's a topic. A thigh master is neither a thigh nor a master....

Frijolero and richgem like this.
  6. MntnMan62

My last two pounds of coffee have been this. I love it. Hey, what's not to love? Roasted near Woodstock, NY and brought down fresh to their stores in NJ each week.

image.png

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Frijolero and Terry like this.
  7. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

I roast my own beans, nothing beats that with a French Press.

Frijolero likes this.
  8. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

That was actually just a stock photo I found on the net. I’m currently bereft of my Ruiz fix but I’ll have some by Christmas. She usually does send the whole bean but when it’s already ground it’s honestly equally as good. I haven’t tried the Geisha yet... I’m afraid to. The reviews on it are so good that I don’t want to get hooked on it and be spoiled for any other coffee...

Frijolero and MntnMan62 like this.
  9. MntnMan62

But isn't that the point? To get hooked on something even better every couple of months or so? Keeps things interesting. :eatdrink013: And isn't different coffees no different that shaving creams and soaps? How many of those do you have? :shaver

Frijolero, Terry and Mr Two Bits like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

just brewed a pot of folgers, does the job..

Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  11. Mr Two Bits

If you’ve seen what Ruiz charges for the Geisha you’d understand my reluctance to go down that road!! A 10oz bag goes for almost $400.00...

Frijolero likes this.
  12. MntnMan62

Ok. Now that's just insane. But hey, if you have the money then maybe it's not that insane.

Frijolero and Mr Two Bits like this.
  13. Mr Two Bits

No... even if you have the $$$ that’s insane. Maybe if it were a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle would I spend that kind of scratch on a drink but even then...

brit and MntnMan62 like this.
  14. ordinaryshaver

I'm just gonna sit over here with my cheap setup, and let y'all talk.

Frijolero and MntnMan62 like this.
  15. MntnMan62

I'm right with ya. All I got is an ancient Bodum Bistro french press, a Baratza Virtuoso grinder, a cheap no-name stainless manual milk frother and a Coffee Gator canister to store my beans. Oh, and a set of vintage Victor diner mugs in off-white to drink the swill.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  16. ordinaryshaver

I have heard some of those words before, and I can pronounce them, but when you put them together in a sentence, I'm lost.
    However, I should have time to pull out Grandma's perculator this winter.
    That makes a great cup.of coffee.

17. Mr Two Bits

/thread. Nothing... As in NO. THING. beats one of those old percolators. If it’s Grandma’s old percolator that just clinches it.

18. ordinaryshaver

I believe she got it during the mid to late 60s, I can't be sure and truth be told I don't really care.
    All that matters is that it makes great coffee.

brit, Frijolero and Mr Two Bits like this.
  19. Mr Two Bits

Affirmative. I wish I had my mom or grandmothers old perc. You can get ‘em at just about any yard sale now but having one that’s a family heirloom makes all the difference in the world in how the coffee turns out. That’s a scientifically proven fact, by the way!

Frijolero and richgem like this.
  20. ordinaryshaver

We (all the males) in my family used to go to my grandparents house for the 1st week of hunting season, while in camp, I don't believe we ever stopped drinking coffee. Every time it was the old perculator.
    Of course to go along with that, we hand an old Coleman camp stove, and a Coleman lantern.
    I still have the camp stove, and lantern.
    I'd trade em both in however for that perculator any day of the week

brit, Frijolero and Mr Two Bits like this.