Col. Conk Aftershave Cologne

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TraderJoe, Mar 8, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Not much mention of these around~

I'm specifically looking to learn about the Amber & Bay Rum Conk splashes, but would certainly welcome discussion on the others as well....

1) Any good?

2) How's the scent? (similar to soap???)

3) What are ingredients (couln't find out on web)

Thanks!-

Joachim likes this.
  2. Stubble

Stubble Member

Ditto on the Conk Bay Rum Joe. It really has a cool looking bottle, and I would also really like to hear from anyone who has used it.

I'm hoping it doesn't have very much 'clove' scent to it, and that it is a clear, crisp bay rum scent.

Joachim likes this.
  3. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I have only used the Amber aftershave, It smells very much like the soap. Eventhough it is also an alcohol based aftershave the sting is very minimal and it feels more moisturizing than an alcohol based splash should be allowed to feel. when you put it in your hands and rub it around it feels a bit lotiony for lack of a better description. I really like the stuff.

Just a tip. It comes with a rubber stopper. You end up using less of it if you just poke a hole in the rubber stopper, rather than pulling the stopper out and discarding it alltogether. I am currently on my second bottle of Conk Amber. and using this method it has lasted much, much longer than the last bottle did.

I agree that the bottles look very nostalgique, they really have that old west barber shop feel to them.

Sorry about the actual ingredients, they list them on the box it comes in which I of course recycled so I don't have it anymore. But alcohol is listed.

Joachim likes this.
  4. chefchris

chefchris New Member

I ordered the Bay Rum Splash should have it by Wed. I will let you know what it is like. Might try to decant some samples:drool

5. Will

Will Nevermind

If it is as good as the soap I am down.

It is a bit pricy at 20 bucks a bottle.

6. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

That it is Doc, and the bottles are a bit smaller than I would like them to be, however, a little goes a long way.

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Ingredients

Bay Rum: SD 40A Alcohol,Deionized water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate-20, Fragrance, D&C Red #40, D&C Green #5

Amber: SD Alcohol 40-A, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Methyl Gluceth-20, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40

Note: this information has been obtained from 3rd party sources, and may not be 100% accurate

Joachim likes this.
  8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    This list is accurate according to the box the Bay Rum came in. :happy088

9. 1 st class male

1 st class male New Member

I have used both the Amber and the Almond balm. The scent in both is great, but doesn't last long enough for me. I would say that the aftershave part is more corect to call these products than colonge. That said I would still purchase the again. If you order from Col. Conk in New Mexico, you can ask for samples of all 4 afteshave products.

Joachim likes this.
  10. chefchris

chefchris New Member

:happy088 I received the Bay Rum AS yesterday, and tried it this morning.
    Good stuff, smells just like the soap, but stronger.
    The scent lasted for a couple of hours on me.
    My face felt great even without using any balm today!

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I almost got some of this at the same place where I buy my Col. Conk soaps, but I hesitated because, like Joe said, I hadn't seen much on it. After reading this, I won't hesitate to get some next time!

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yep - that little review right there's enough for me to buy a case of it :D