Colonel Conk Amber

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mitch, Aug 17, 2012.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

If you like the scent of the Conk, just add a squirt of unscented Kiss My Face shave cream. Boosts the lather right up and won't cover the scent of the Conk.

2. Georgie

Georgie Member

what are your thoughts on kiss my face shave cream, compared to every man jack shave cream tub?

Thanks !

3. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

My local co-op started stocking the Kiss my Face shave creams I noticed. Not a big fan of creams myself but I have tried their body soap in the past. Good stuff

4. marbert

marbert Well-Known Member

I've got a couple pucks of the Colonel (bay rum and amber). Great scents from both, but I seldom use them these days. I did grab the bay rum the other day and got a less-than-stellar lather out of it. Maybe my lathering skills were off that day, but I've added some soaps to me den that are of such higher quality (MWF, Provence de Sante, TSD), the Colonel may have to wait until I run out of everything else before he gets another chance. Definitely a good price, but I have a problem with some of the ingredients...especially from a brand that presents itself as traditional and ol' timey. Like a "craft brewed" root beer with high fructose corn syrup in it. Yeah, right.

5. Raktageno

Raktageno Member

I just moved from Arko to the Colonel's Amber and I'm very happy! I enjoy the scent and it lathers quite well for me. Mostly, I enjoy how my face feels after. Especially so with a more aggressive shave.

Omelmad likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I melted my CC Amber and put it in an empty Arm and Hammer deodorant container. Now I have a push up stick form. I just rub it on my beard and face-lather. CC Amber is in my rotation and travels well too.

1col_conk_amber2.jpg

blanka and Omelmad like this.
  7. Raktageno

Raktageno Member

Hey that's a great idea!

Omelmad likes this.
  8. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Good idea! Conk melts well, too.

Omelmad likes this.
  9. shavemenot

shavemenot New Member

I really don't like their pucks. I have the lime left.

10. lilbones99

lilbones99 Member

I've had less than stellar results with Conks, tho I wanted to love it the lather is just not there. Not sure if my water conditions aren't conducive, or if its techniques, but I just don't get a good shave with it. Same with the Ogallala soaps. But I have used Erasmic which is another fairly inexpensive glycerin soap and get better lather and slickness with it. I may leave the Conks and Ogallala in the cupboard for a while and come back to them when I have more practice and (hopefully) better lathering skills, perhaps I'll enjoy them better then. :)

DLreno likes this.
  11. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Anytime I find a soap to be "underwhelming," rather than waste it by tossing it, I use it up by applying it directly to the face (like a stick) and face lathering with it. Most will perform much better this way, possibly by increasing the amount of product used. Many "lesser" soaps can take too long to load the brush properly.

12. lilbones99

lilbones99 Member

Thanks for that suggestion, that suddenly makes a lot of sense. Now to find an empty deodorant stick to melt it into for a convenient shave stick, as suggested earlier. :cool:

13. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

+1

I love the scent of CC Amber, and early in my wetshaving days I often used the Conk/Kiss My Face combo.