Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Consarnit!

*waves cane feebly*

RyX and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Key points of video (borrowed)...there's more they don't know yet than what they do.
    Worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Keithmax likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Takeaway: too much they still don't know, but they're not prepared (yet) for this as they are with flu.

Keithmax likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

But this is just starting, and it isn't flu. May not come close to 1918, we hope, but it's way too early to say either way. The experts don't know. Erring on the side of caution is wise.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    PLANofMAN and BigMike like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Good news!

7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Another example of the media over doing everything and trying to instill fear.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai, PLANofMAN and Enrico like this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

This Virus is going to possibly be deadly, if you are elderly, very young, of have a compromised immune system. The best thing we can hope for is that we have an early warm spring.
    It kind of sucks for those people stuck on that cruise ship in Japan right now, as well as others on quarantined cruise ships. They seem to be are guinea pigs, to see what will happen. From what is reported, the elderly are the ones contracting it.

9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's not too early to say. The flu of 1918 killed most people who caught it within days, due to rapid filling of the lungs with fluid. This is nowhere near as lethal.

You are correct. It isn't a flu. It does cause flu-like symptoms, and most people recover after a week of feeling exactly like they had the flu. The steps for preventing infection are the exact same as the ones you would take for the flu.

It's much easier to just say "it's like a flu." I don't even think it's all that lethal. The problems really only start if you catch the corona virus, then catch pneumonia on top of it because your immune system was weakened by the corona virus.

I might be wrong, I'm no expert. That's just my layman's view of it.

SevenEighth likes this.
  10. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

The new numbers out of China this afternoon are disturbing. They have been going down the past 5 days but now China officials admit they had been under-reporting. The latest numbers put us back on my predicted path. image%3A24844.png

Keithmax likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Lots of reports leaking out of China about people turned away from hospitals and told to go home to recover or die. If they die, reports say they're then unpersoned...cremated without their deaths being recorded, so death rates appear lower than they are.

Keithmax likes this.
  12. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Actually pneumonia is one of the symptoms. Novel Covid-19 attacks the respiratory system and the Ace2 receptors. Good info at Peakprosperity.com

Dzia Dzia

PLANofMAN and gorgo2 like this.
  13. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Yeah, those were my thoughts too.

gorgo2 likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Interesting.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...illion-people-have-had-close-contact-infected

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Another crack in the communist info firewall, maybe a big one.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/...rus-may-originate-from-government-laboratory/

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Population density as well

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

gorgo2 likes this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Part of why World War One ended.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  19. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

From what I am hearing, this virus may not be able to be controlled. If that is true it's just a matter of time before we go under quarantine or martial law. let's hope we can get a vaccine soon.

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.