Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ours are in the tunnels, the old train station and many other places .... our church has a mission called the "Table of Grace to provide assistance daily in many areas in the Buffalo Niagara area.

:eatdrink047:

Edison Carter, Keithmax and gssixgun like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

So you can hunt for dinner without ever leaving your porch. Nice!

Keithmax and gssixgun like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

They’re still there in Manhattan and actually stand out more now because of less people on the streets. The cameras just avoid getting them in the shots.

gorgo2, Enrico and gssixgun like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Best meme I've seen. Not a joke.

[​IMG]

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It is the medical workers who are the most essential, and exposed. The gratitude I have for them, during all of this, is immeasurable.

6. DaltonGang

I saw something absolutely silly yesterday. A couple were shopping.in the local grocery store, and the.man had a 4 ft long sword slung over his shoulder. Is he just wanting attention, or does he think there will be a Zombie Apocalypse??? In any case, I just ignored him, and didnt ask.

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Ignoring a man with a 4 foot sword is the correct response. Imagine how he might respond if he was having a bad day. Yikes!

Enrico, Keithmax and Paul Turner like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I will agree with @Jim99 and do the iggy.

Enrico and Jim99 like this.
  9. DaltonGang

i think he just wanted attention. Besides, there is a saying, "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight ". This is a very true statement, in Texas. If he was up to "no good", it would have only lasted a few seconds. Many good people are Concealing pistols around here, and you wouldn't know it.

Jim99, gorgo2, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I hope remember that after all this over. Essential before the crises and essential after the crisis.

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's funny how the nonessential crave the attention and there essential hang out in the back ground. :signs002:

:eatdrink013:

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The essential are too busy working.

Same down here.

As long as he ignores me.

Keithmax, gssixgun, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  13. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

887 new deaths in Italy today vs. 972 yesterday. Hopefully they're beginning to taper off there, we'll see. 425 new in the US vs 252 yesterday, so fasten your seat belts.
    By the way, my apparent fixation on death count isn't some morbid fascination. I decided back in early February that following the Case count was far too unreliable a method of assessing the reality of the situation. Death count is a reasonably accurate statistic.

Edison Carter likes this.
  14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Why is one accurate, but not the other? That especially holds true if the statistics are coming from the same sources.

IMHO, it is the mortality rate that is important. 425 deaths in a country of many millions is infinitesimally small. The mass media is reporting thousands of deaths. Those are very large numbers, but only when taken out of context.

Keithmax and gorgo2 like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Whenever the plateau comes, then the decline, it's going to be really interesting to see exactly how many people did not have any known pre-existing condition or complicating factor, versus those who did.

Keithmax and BigMike like this.
  16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I'm in the US, the state I'm in are shutting down the place.
    We have to wait to see what they say in the next few days.

I've read some on types of disasters like this happening in other countries.

The biggest issue that some may have, is running out of supplies.
    Even if the stores are filled to the roof with products, if you don't have any means to pay for it, it is of no use to them. That's when law, order and common decency stop.
    From my understanding of the timeline.

1st week fear and run on stores.

2cd week stores try to stock up to little avail.
    The black market comes to life.

3rd week supply line strained because the people who sevice it are gone, or out of commission.
    Also most who don't have the ability to re-supply (read no money) start foraging for supplies.

4th week, this is where the panic starts.
    Suppliers fail, supply lines fall apart.
    Gang's start to come together, loot and pillage.

Week 5 By then the government tries to retain social order, but there is little they can do, mostly because the troops are in the same predicament the civilians are in.

It goes down hill from there.

Not that this will happen everywhere or anywhere, but if things keep progressing, it's right on track.

I've read the writings of those who lived through civil wars and the like in other countries.
    Eye opening.

tp

Keithmax, gorgo2 and brit like this.
  17. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Operation Isolation Day 11

Reality hits as our very first case was confirmed in our little county, [​IMG]

We decided that the extra Turkey I bought after the holidays was to be made into a "Traditional" 2nd Thanksgiving Dinner tonight

The snow will soon be gone as the hard wet rains of spring arrived today, and we begin "Mud Season"
    It is truly the only ugly season up here, as the snow recedes all the trash that it covered can be seen.

We are nice n cozy with a fire going in the woodstove, the cabin should be smelling of a Spatchcocked turkey, with all the fixins Mmmmmmm

Damn it I forgot rolls [​IMG]

Take care and stay well

18. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

JMO. Large urban areas would be first. Outlying suburbs next. Close in small towns next. Then who knows? Hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terry and gorgo2 like this.
  19. DaltonGang

:scared011:

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yes. And if it happens it wont be gradual, it'll seem to hit almost out nowhere (if one isn't paying attention).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.