Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Yes, it did not say we are going to die. This is how fake news gets started and how ridiculous face book and other social media can do harm.

There is a difference in being informed and panic.

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

But they are trying to create that impression, or at least one of impending disaster. Ratings gold, to say the very least.

Social media also allows media outlets and news reports to be questioned, something largely unknown before the advent of the Internet and social media. Keeping in mind, of course, that The Shave Den is also social media.

Fake news gets started when people unquestioningly believe whatever they are told. The onus is on individuals to think for themselves.

I agree with you completely there. Being informed is a state of knowledge, panic is an out of control reaction.

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

To their credit, Facebook's fact-checkers got it right for once by flagging the "he called Corona a hoax" lie as a lie. Unexpected but a good thing.

Awareness and caution =/= panic. The sources I follow are not preaching panic, just awareness.

It also bears mention that, these days, panic is very rarely divorced from politicization. Draw your own conclusions on that.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    BigD and Shaver X like this.
  4. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Psst
    Second person in King County WA just died from Covid 19

TV looks funny through the Face Mask :p

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

6. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Nope. Proceeding as planned.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Interesting reports out of Iran that some of the devout are licking public shrines to "eat corona," out of a sense of bold, faithful defiance if the virus. Didn't believe it until I saw video of two such.

9. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Soooooo 4 more dead in WA

6 deaths in 2 days

Today on a Seattle Beach

[​IMG]

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

As long as your aren't over 60, you should be fine. :D

brit likes this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Well there goes The Shave Den!
    :(

PLANofMAN, Terry, BigMike and 5 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

:D

Jim99 likes this.
  13. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

So the virus has now reached my home state down in Georgia. idk when schools will start shutting down, like mine for an example but I Imagine soon. that goes along with quarantine. It's just a matter of when people will start panicking, because violence goes along with that. If you have guns be ready to protect yourself along with your families. I have to believe these death tolls are under reported, just to keep people from panicking. till then keep proper hygiene to prevent getting this disease if that does anything. Best of luck to everyone going through this stressful time!

14. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Yes, guns are the answer to all situation...…..

15. myles wilson

Not all situations, I believe in peace and if someone means harm to my family or my self, I will go by all means to defend them. I'd take a bullet if I had to. I personally don't want to have to take someone's life. But if I absolutely have to, I will. damn straight. When you live down south like I do, People can be crazy down here. and to be honest if this virus does get out of control (hopefully not) ( unlikely because the few confirmed cases where I live have been controlled as of now) People will do crazy, stupid things to survive. I rely on 3 things, God, family and guns. That's just how it is, with all do respect.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    M14Shooter and gorgo2 like this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Frijolero, M14Shooter, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  17. myles wilson

well said sir!

18. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    The death Toll in WA is now nine, but don't worry nothing to see here...

Just for reference People kill each other over a deal on a TV on Black Friday every year, I have little faith in humanity if they start getting sick ...

19. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    News this morning

Gee we were wrong this is way more Contagious than we thought and the Lethality rate is closer to 3.5% (flu= .1%)

24 Seattle Firefighters on lock-down with symptoms... FIREFIGHTERS that went into that the Assisted Living facility equipped and protected to do their job.. I guess they all forgot to wash their hands Hmmmmm

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    BigMike, myles wilson and speedster like this.
  20. speedster

speedster Well-Known Member

I saw the facts on lethality rate from NYT this morning, but thankfully it’s less transmissible than the flu:

Frijolero and gssixgun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.