Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah I noted the shift in the reporting too @speedster

Seems they are learning more, as the Virus spreads in the US and other Western countries, Hmmmmm Maybe the numbers out of China were "NOT quite true" :p

I want to blame the media, but it might just be that the medicos are just finally getting accurate info to report

gorgo2 and speedster like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Now there's talk of two strains.

Once this virus is established in the environment it's likely not going to go away. It will become a fact of life...seasonal, maybe, but perennial as flu.

gssixgun and Frijolero like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

4. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Covid 19 Math

Today
    World 109,577 vs 3817 = 3.48%
    USA 550 vs 21 = 3.82%

People lie, Numbers don't

What I find disconcerting is that they are so close,

I am hoping that they are right in saying that we have no idea how many people have had mild cases, which is also disconcerting that we have no idea how far it has spread

BigD and gorgo2 like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Lots of people will be Typhoid Mary, spreading it with no symptoms of their own.

Terry and DaltonGang like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

8. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

I believe this board has a high(er) number of older/retired members than usual.

This virus is a bad dose for the older or weaker population.

Please take this virus seriously and be diligent with social distancing, cough etiquette, and washing hands properly and not touching your face.

God speed to you all :)

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Can people get reinfected by this virus?? Can this virus mutate like the AIDS virus did?

gorgo2 likes this.
  10. DaltonGang

Many people have it, and have no symptoms, yet are contagious.

But, still not worried. My 80+ year old parents are the ones that I need to be concerned about.

gorgo2 and brit like this.
  11. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

If I catch it due to my medical issues, I'm probably not going to survive,
    So....

Enjoy life while it lasts.

Hang in there everyone!
    Keep doing what you need to and take care!
    tp
    tp

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My gym sent out an e-mail to its members....they're cranking up their cleaning methods, and want us to as well. Looks like for anyone being introduced, it's going to be "elbow-bump city" for a while.

gorgo2 likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Over 800 dead in Italy.

Yes, seasonal flu kills around 18k in the U.S. every year and, so far, your odds of getting flu are much higher. But corona is still here now and is here to stay. Nothing says that you can't catch it too.

Situational awareness always. Control what you can.

PanChango likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

30 day blockade of all travel from mainland Europe starting Friday at midnight, UK excluded.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Wet shavers got it right .... just use more product.

Aftershave will save your life .............................. and shaving everyday won't hurt either.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

;)

MR41, gssixgun and stuartganis like this.
  16. DaltonGang

Any the NBA cancelled it's season. Silly game anyway.
    It will suck if anyone is expecting deliveries from Europe. I believe there is a ban on imports too. Hysteria is going to erupt tomorrow.

17. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Just to add, the virus has a fatty substance that completely surrounds it, it protects it, if the fatty part gets damaged the virus died, that is why we are told to use soap and water to wash our hands, the soap compromises the fat and the virus dies, it takes a minimum 20 second handwash to fully make sure the fat is broken down. Hand gels are not as good as washing, but better than nothing.
    Take care.

18. DaltonGang

Rubbing alcohol.

Robert1955 likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

It seems everyone in the Houston area is panicking. I went grocery shopping, yesterday, and all toilet paper was sold out. I later heard there was none to be had, anywhere in Houston, except Costco.
    I thought this was ridiculous, until I heard that there was a 30 day ban on imports, enacted last night. The wife panicked, and ordered me to go to the store, when they opened, hoping they restocked. They restocked, and almost out before 7 am. Lucky for me, I picked up a couple of packs to hold off the wife's fear.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're the second person I know who's talked about the sudden need of toilet paper relative to the Virus. As for me, I hate that my favorite college-Harvard-is sending home ALL students for the remainder of the semester. The hockey and basketball teams jus began their playoff runs. In fact Harvard was scheduled to be the host team for the Ivy League Championship semis and finals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.