Custom Straight Razor PIF! -WINNER Chosen!

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by HolyRollah, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

3. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Congrats and enjoy!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Just a thought, you conclude everyone and just ask that others pay for shipping.

5. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Congratulations!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm am sad...so very, very, sad.

But congrats to maltedmilk and kudos to HolyRollah for a superlative restoration. That is one beauty of a razor.

Drygulch, Douglas Carey and trey06dmd like this.
  7. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

Somehow I didn't even make it onto the list. And I was so excited at the chance. Such is my life.

Congrats though MaltedMilk

8. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Congrats! Look forward to your reports on using.

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

My apologies, razrmnky, on missing your post! I updated the list daily and sorry for overlooking your name. Please notify me next time if I forget or miss a name on the list.

10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Congrats!!!

11. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

I didn't think to look at the final list. No worries though. Thanks for doing the PIF.

12. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

@maltedmilk Congrats on winning a beautiful straight!
    @HolyRollah Thanks for the opportunity! You do amazing work.

13. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    <GASP!> :eek::eek::eek:
    :scared011::happy108::bounce015::bounce017:

I am so grateful and beyond excited.

Uh-oh... now I have to learn how to use it!:scared003:

:happy093:

americanshamrock likes this.
  14. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

Congrats on the win MaltedMilk. I go cry now.

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Three words: Practice, Patience and Perseverance
    Learning to SR shave comfortably takes time, it takes dedication and repeated use before one feels truly competent.
    Start slow (one cheek at first, with a downward stroke), and finish up with your favorite DE razor.
    Add additional strokes as you feel confident. When learning to SR shave, I used a DE razor in conjunction with the straight for the first two months of daily use before eventually weening off the DE.

Enjoy the ride! :D

maltedmilk and trey06dmd like this.
  16. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

I know straights and shavettes are two totally different animals. Shaving the left side of my face is so easy and enjoyable when using a shavette but the story changes on the right side. hard to reach left handed and not very competent with me right hand yet. In your opinion would it be better to go ahead and make the transition to a SR and get used to its different angle and weight? Would have to make the change very cheap so any recommendations are welcome. Can upgrade when I'm back on my feet.

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've never considered a shavette a 'transitional' step going from DE to SR shaving and felt going with the shavette would only prolong the change-over to a new razor style. The majority of opinions I've read from those who have used both say the feel between the two types (shavette vs straights) is distinctly different. That being the case, I ventured directly into straight razors.
    One can get started relatively inexpensively by purchasing a SHAVE-READY straight from Glen @gssixgun at Gemstarcustoms.com or from whippeddog.com. I've no experience with the razors from WD, but have read good things from those who purchase inexpensive razors from that source. I do know the razor you get from Glen will be good-to-go (i.e. truly shave-ready). Pick up a decent beginner's strop to practice upon and you're on your way....

gssixgun likes this.
  18. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

What a great PIF, and congrats to the winner. That was waaaay to close, and FoS almost won that one as well.....dodged a bullet.

Great restore Kevin...

19. Phaedris

Phaedris Member

Congrats!
    Thanks for the great PIF, HolyRollah.

20. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Received Saturday.
    AWESOME!!!
    SOTD of first two uses >here<
    Kevin, I am so grateful. Thank you ever so much!
    Sean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.