Czech & Speake Samples

Discussion in 'Scents' started by maxpower, Mar 9, 2009.

1. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Heya, Jim, I like the Cuba, too. Does it dry down *very* quickly for you as well?

2. lferg

lferg New Member

Update to my opinion... I wore the 88 today. It's top notch! Scent lasted all day long and it has really grown on me. I think I will try one a day until I have gone through them all. It's going to be hard to replace Tabac and Dunhill for men. Just wish Tabac lasted a bit longer. I am going to give all these samples a go.

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

Yes, Yes it does. So does the F&M. I'm still wavering on these--my initial impressions were good, but...well, I'll give them a few more days.

4. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

I just tried the Cuba, and I must say that I like it. Definitely unique.

Steve

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

I'm kind of disappointed. the Cuba and the F&M both faded to nothing too quickly. I couldn't get a good sense of them at all. The 88 was ok, I'll have to give a couple of days, though.

6. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hi Jim, I agree with your assessment. Cuba was very nice till it disappeared. I tried No.88 and actually went a bit overboard and it's also all but gone :ashamed001

Nice while they lasted, though.

Steve

7. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

I had a quick whiff of each of the vials. The only one I found interesting was Cuba. I haven't worn any yet though, so my opinion will probably change later.

8. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

What the heck. As evidenced by my Floris thread I have recently expanded my horizons to certain EDT's. So I signed up for this freebie offer; may as well give them a go as well. Thanks for the info.

9. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

I asked C&S for samples last month after reading this thread. I forgot all about it until I saw a package in my mailbox today from jolly old London. It contains nine cologne samples. Very nice.

Thanks for the tip maxpower!

10. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I got mine in the mail today!

Really nice packaging! Did not smell any of them yet.. cant wait to get home to try them!

11. Truckman

Truckman New Member

so, do they email you when they've shipped or anything? Or do you just come home one day and SURPRISE!! they're there? I signed up the other day, and haven't heard anything since....

thanks for the info, though....

12. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

The stuff just shows up one day.

Steve

13. djwurm

djwurm New Member

It took exactly 1 month for me to get mine.. and it just showed up one day.

14. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Thanks guys...

15. Spk282

Spk282 New Member

Signed up for the samples hopefully I will find one I like, thanks for the info!

16. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

I tried the Frankinscense & Myrrh after tonights shower. Very nice. Dunno if it's $100+ a bottle nice, but nice nonetheless.

Steve

17. JimR

JimR Active Member

I dunno, I think I give up. I like the F&M but it just fades away to nothing so fast...
    The Dark Rose has a very nice top end, but it dries down to something like dried-out dawn dish soap. No. 88 started out cloyingly candy-sweet, and dried down to...dried out dawn.

Overall, I'm not really digging the C&S as much as I'd hoped.

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Igot mine in yesterday.. I think the Cuba will be my first to try.. I like it in the glass.. we will see how it works on the skin.

19. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

I like the Cuba, but it does fade to nothing fairly quickly. Starts out minty, but then it changes, till nothing is left :confused:

Steve

20. lferg

lferg New Member

I appreciate the samples they sent but will not be purchasing any of them. They are all soapy and dry down to nothing quickly. Except the Dark Rose which just turns to soap smell.