Dark beer

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by BigMark83, Feb 15, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

being stuck on miller hi-life and draft for the last few years its time to savour some quality beer instead of emptying a box in an evening.i have a huge liquor store of choices down the street..:)

2. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Does any one remember a beer we called Miller Red from the early-mid 90's.It was miller in a brown bottle and a red label,thus Miller Red.From what I recall it had a bit more color and a bit more depth of flavor.I mention it to people nowadays and I get a blank look.

brit likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Maybe some Baileys or some Kentucky Bourbon :eatdrink013:

In your case some nice Canadian Whiskey :D

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

can't say i have.we have had Miller draught here in B.C. for years .Miller Hi-life has only been imported here the last year or so ,bottles then cans..

5. brit

brit in a box

yes sir absolutely..

Enrico likes this.
  6. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Whenever I want just a plain ole beer I buy Miller High Life.Nothing fancy just a beer.

I looked up Miller Red after my posting.It was around a few years in the 90's as Miller's premium lager and had good reviews.Which was kind of odd as Miller is a pilsener beer.

FatherofSquirrel and brit like this.
  7. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Maybe, I live in Ohio and a local tavern stocks it in their drive thru. They have the nut brown, the taddy porter and the oatmeal stout in the drive through.
    The have a bigger selection at the bar. Samuel Smiths even makes a strawberry something, but I don't care for berry flavored beer so I've never tried it.

brit and Moose like this.
  8. FatherofSquirrel

Or some Rye Whiskey.

brit likes this.
  9. FatherofSquirrel

I know right. I've decided I really prefer Irish or British dark beers.
    On draft would be awesome.

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Found it tonight, will have with steak tomorrow.

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A recent trip to Fort Bragg (North Coast Brewing Co.) provided ample opportunity to try this lovely stout. My new favorite....
    rasputin_IS.png

12. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Chimay is insanely good. My father who I would never call a connoisseur of anything, may he RIP, took a taste of one when he was visiting several summers ago and immediately said "Oh, now that's a really good beer!" I love it. My favorite. The Grande Reserve, blue label, at 9%, is still the smoothest of the the three I've tried (Blue, Red and Cinq)

13. brit

brit in a box

that looks awesome..

BigMark83 likes this.
  14. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I haven't had that in a dog's age.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  15. FatherofSquirrel

Nice.

16. FatherofSquirrel

I've only ever tried the Blue, but have heard the same.

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My first choice is Guinness, but the Canadian version, oh so much better.

18. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Hey, theres nothing wrong with High Life! LOL A friend of mine is a craft beer snob and I recently turned him onto High Life. He said his uncle always drank it when he was a kid and we was amazed at how drinkable it is.

19. brit

brit in a box

there's a canadian version? i thought the were all the same besides canned or on tap,,. shows hows little i know ..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

personally love it , but i drink too much of it..trying the darks while i give it a rest for a while..will always be a beer drinker..and will always have a miller around..