Darwin DE is ADJUSTABLE!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by riffin, Nov 10, 2009.

1. riffin

riffin Active Member

I just made a shocking discovery. The Darwin DE is an adjustable. I thought I'd switch things up a bit, so I pulled out my Darwin and put a trimmed Feather AC Pro in it. Tightening it, I noticed a small arrow point down where the handle joins the bottom of the base plate (it's a two piece). Around the collar at the top of the handle there are vertical lines that align with the arrow. You can see the lines in this picture. Unfortunately at the moment, this is the only picture of the Darwin I've got.

[​IMG]

The adjustment works by flexing the blade. It won't work with an AC blade.

2. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

wow. and double wow that you have one :)

3. riffin

riffin Active Member

I'm going to have to take a series of pics at different settings. I'm also going to have to shave again with a DE in it! :rolleyes:

I got off the bay a couple years ago soon after I had gotten a Darwin stropping wedge razor (Rolls competitor). I've seen one, maybe two since then.

I tried it and recall it being aggressive, but smooth. I'm sure I tightened it all the way. I'm guessing that the aggressive setting, since flattening the blade would expose more edge. After I give the AC blade a try in it, I put in a DE and try different setting. Watch this space!

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I've never even heard of that razor before. Looks great!

5. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

That's a handsome razor, for sure.