**DATE CHANGE** Chicago Wet Shavers Get Together and Expo - November 10, 2011

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Weishi Warrior, Apr 15, 2011.

?

Are you able to attend the Chciago Wetshavers Get Together on 10/13/11?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2011.
  1. Yes! Hooray!!!!

27.8%
  2. Not this time, but maybe in the futur

72.2%
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well in that case, I think I can swing it!
    (after checking NICTD schedule).. drats... I can't make the 2:57 departing train and the next train doesn't leave this area until after 5, meaning I won't be there until after 6:40. I guess I will have to drive it - its not a big deal, just more expensive and less money for shaving gear once I get there.

2. JCinPA

JCinPA Member

I am in! I work half my time in the Chicago area and have made two visits to Merz in the last month. October 13 = on my calendar!

3. Diamondtim

Diamondtim Member

In the calendar it goes.:cool:

4. GregDR

GregDR Well-Known Member

Great Idea! I'll be there.

5. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

It would be helpful if we could get someone to edit in the event date to the title of the thread or at least somewhere in the first post, now that it has been decided :D

6. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

The wife and I are definitely coming, as long as I am in town. Finally got my dream job, but it does require a little travel. I am hoping I will be in town.

7. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

DATE CHANGE: November 10, 2011- Chicago Wet Shavers Get Together and Expo

This get together has really grown, and is transforming into a real event. I have been working with Anthony, the owner of the Merz Apothecary, and Mantic59, (Mark), in coordination with the Chicago Palmer House Hilton to promote this event. These are the latest developments: The date has been changed to November 10, 2011, with the exact time to be determined later. The event is going to be sponsored and promoted by Men's Book Chicago Magazine and the Chicago Palmer House Hilton Hotel. Mantic59 (Mark) has confirmed his attendance for this date and has agreed to be a speaker. The location is the Empire Room in the Palmer House. They are working on catering and having beverage tasting. Men's Book Chicago Magazine is also working on bringing in barber chairs and having professionals giving free straight razor shaves. There will be a VIP area for forum members, which will open earlier to promote face-to-face conversations between the members. My understanding is Men's Book Chicago Magazine will do a special article to highlight wet shaving and the community. I apologize about the date change, but thought it would be best to heighten everyone's experience. Below is a picture of the Empire Room:

Attached Files:

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Marked the new day on my Calendar. The evening appears to be open.

9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I'd wondered about that myself. I think I'm going to move to This Way. :rofl

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

November 10th now huh? Hmm... looking at my schedule shows that as my first day off of five in a row.

11. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I'll be there and look very forward to meeting all of you in person.

12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Has notice also been posted on the other wetshaving forums? It would be great to reach out to them, as well. The more the merrier! If the event has enough attendance this time around, the various wetshaving product manufacturers might have a presence at the next show. That could turn out to be a most fortunate tipping point.

13. uomo

uomo New Member

I'm in...

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

14. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

While I avoid downtown like it is a plague ridden jungle I would love to see fellow shavers.

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    A definite maybe from me.

Still working out the details on the "how".

16. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Wow! This is shaping up to be a very cool sounding event!

BG just loves Chi-town, although I am completly loathe to it, but only because of my experience with being there as an over the road truck driver fifteen years ago.

Sounds like it is time for me to get off the kick and get us up there for this event!

17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If I could afford it, I'd definitely go. Take lots of pictures!

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Wow... I am surprised how many non Chicago area people are going to try and make it. Excellent. I should be greatly shamed if I can't manage to swing this.

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Fere Shere Ya'll! I mean C'mon; you are closer than we are!

Cereal (yeah, cereal, not seriously); if BG is willing, we will take an early turkey day vaycay, we will ditch the famdamily (again) in exchange for our own holiday....

20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

It really will come down to the time that the shindig takes place. If it is still an early evening and after work thing, I can swing it. If it is a during the day thing, I can't get off of work.