**DATE CHANGE** Chicago Wet Shavers Get Together and Expo - November 10, 2011

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Weishi Warrior, Apr 15, 2011.

?

Are you able to attend the Chciago Wetshavers Get Together on 10/13/11?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2011.
  1. Yes! Hooray!!!!

27.8%
  2. Not this time, but maybe in the futur

72.2%
  1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

We are definitely working on this. We'll keep you posted thru this post.

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well, I just got ruled out for going. I am not able to take time off of work. However, I already knew that. I figured I could drop daughter at Boys and Girls club and drive like crazy to try to get there before rush hour. However, now daughter has play practice and a drama club meeting (so whether or not she has a play role, she will need to be there). By the time I would be able to drop her off, it would be past the point that I would be able to avoid rush hour traffic. By the time I would be able to get there, I would have to have turned around already and headed back home.

Maybe next time!

3. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

You definitely will be missed.

4. Dslazar9

It's $159/night. No discount code yet, I'll announce it when available.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The Stryker's are going to have to cancel; I have four days of vacay left for the year that will get burned up over Thanksgiving.

6. Weishi Warrior

To attend the event and have access to the Shave Forum VIP room, you have to register through the event web page:

http://smallflower.givezooks.com/events/the-great-shave-presented-by-merz-downtown

Men (and women), please join us for an evening celebrating wet shaving!

Merz Apothecary is proud to host an evening dedicated to shaving and men's grooming. We will feature shave experts (including Mark Herro - Mantic59 on YouTube!) demonstrating technique and answering questions, shave products from the world's best shaving brands, and great conversation with shaving afficianados from across the globe.

If you are already a fan of wet shaving, this will be your chance to meet and mingle with other like-minded wet shave enthusiasts. If you're a wet shave beginner and want to learn more, this is the event for you. You will have the chance to ask questions of experts, and you can explore one of the country's largest selections of shave equipment in every price range.

The 140 year-old Palmer House will be the luxurious setting for this unique event, featuring live music, and delicious food specifically designed for this event, along with unique cocktails, beer, wine and more. We are anticipating a fun and exciting evening of shaving and grooming presentations, fashion vendors and services, and more thanks to the brilliant event planning of Erin Patrick, of erin patrick: events fashioned!

Merz Apothecary - Shave Forum VIP Hour:
    From 5-6pm on the evening of the event, Merz Apothecary and Smallflower.com will host a VIP event specifically for our customers and our friends from the various wet shave forums. You must register through this page in order to be invited to the VIP event. More info will be emailed to you as the event approaches.

Hotel Savings for Out of Town Guests:
    We have a limited number of discounted rooms available for guests attending the event who will need a hotel room on Wednesday, November 9th and/or Thursday, November 10th. Please call the Palmer House Hilton at 312.726.7500 and use the code "Merz Great Shave" to get a rate of $159 per night. This rate will only last until rooms run out or October 9th, so please reserve today.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Please email any questions to: greatshave@merzapothecary.com

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    ehhh......I think I'll pass.

8. Weishi Warrior

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Someone needs a shave..........

Dridecker likes this.
  10. Weishi Warrior

Ha ha very, very true!

11. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

I am looking forward to it.

One of the guys I work with converted to wet shaving after we chatted about it and he is probably going to come too.

It's going to be great to meet more people who share my interest in shaving.

Dslazar9 likes this.
  12. Dslazar9

Great! I look forward to seeing you again.

13. Dslazar9

Frank, the Italian barber who I frequently write about, will be coming with me to the Expo! As many of you have likely seen, and sorry if I repeat myself,
    he's been cutting my hair since I'm 8. He cut my grandfather's, father's, and son's hair. I've been talking shaving with him every month for the past 2 years-boy has he taught me a lot. He was trained in Italy in the 1940's, came to the US in the 1950's, and still cuts hair and gives great shaves.

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  14. Weishi Warrior

I took a walk to the Palmer House yesterday on my lunch break to check out the Empire room. The room is amazing! This is really a great place to hold a get together!!!!!!

15. Weishi Warrior

***UPDATE***

- Neil Jagger - owner and founder of Edwin Jagger is now attending the event!!!!!

16. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Holy Speed Buggies Batman! That should be uber cool!

17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sounds like it'll be a great event. Wish I could be there.

18. Weishi Warrior

I just heard from the event promoters and sponsors that the Chicago Get Together is completely sold-out! My thanks to this community for really showing their support. I look forward to meeting you fact-to-face and having great conversations!

19. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I hope someone brings a video camera to capture some of the speaking engagements such as Lynn Abrams, and Mantic.

20. Weishi Warrior

I will definitely take some photographs!