**DATE CHANGE** Chicago Wet Shavers Get Together and Expo - November 10, 2011

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Weishi Warrior, Apr 15, 2011.

?

Are you able to attend the Chciago Wetshavers Get Together on 10/13/11?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2011.
  1. Yes! Hooray!!!!

27.8%
  2. Not this time, but maybe in the futur

72.2%
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Still can't attend, so I wish everyone a successful get together.

2. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I'm planning to bring a small camcorder and I'm even going to try a "vlog" or two during the trip using my little netbook at webcam.

SharpSpine and GDCarrington like this.
  3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Sweet! I knew we could count on you.

4. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Latest event video:

This is going to be a great time!

5. Weishi Warrior

Only 2 days left!!!!

Dslazar9 likes this.
  6. I’m going to be there and will be at a table handing out goodies. Look forward to meeting some of you!

7. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I will be there and look forward to meeting you, and your goodies.

8. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I only Wish I could be there! I hope you all have a great time - and that there will be lots of posts with pictures telling us all about it!!!

9. Williams Warrior

Makes me wish I lived in Chicago.

10. uomo

uomo New Member

Fantastic event! Thanks for putting it all together!

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  11. Dslazar9

Great time!! Thanks Stuart, your idea was a great one. I hope it becomes the annual Shave Expo. Free wine, scotch, food, and teaching. It was very nice rubbing
    elbows with the icons of the shave world and my fellow shave geeks.

12. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

I wish I could have made it. I was stuck in Miami on business.

13. Weishi Warrior

The event was great!

Clutch Cargo said it best:
    Absolutely! A HUGE THANK YOU to Abdul, J. Q. and T. Q., the owners of Merz Apothecary in Chicago (www.smallflower.com) for sponsoring this incredible event yesterday evening at the phenomenal Palmer House Hotel in downtown Chicago! These fine gentlemen were a pleasure to meet, and their generosity in sponsoring and paying for the entire event (including food, wine, fine chocolates, live music, vendor presentations and demos from numerous shaving product vendors, and a bag filled with great samples and give-aways) without charging the 250+ attendees any admission fee whatsoever was a gesture of generosity beyond belief. Another advantage of making purchases at the show was the 11% discount that Merz offered on all product purchases!​
    Meeting and talking with both GeoFatBoy and Mantic59 in person was both enlightening and encouraging! GeoFatBoy even gave each of us one of his bandanas that's become his trademark in his YouTube videos!​
    Clutch Cargo purchased a new Edwin Jagger razor that he'd been admiring for quite some time, and had the box with the razor in his hand as he walked around and talked with other attendees and vendors. He was bragging about the high quality of the chromed finish on the razor to one interested gentleman in the crowd, only to find out later into the conversation that he was Neil Jagger, the founder and owner of Edwin Jagger who had flown to Chicago especially for the event! What an honor to meet him as well.​
    A second round of well-deserved thank you's go out to Abdul (who's owned Merz Apothecary since 1972) and his sons T.Q., J. Q and G. Q. for making this such an enjoyable event for all of us!​

Thank you also to Lynn Abrams for the great presentation and making this an awesome gathering. Lastly, Thank you TSD community for making this such a great event!

Johnny likes this.
  14. Williams Warrior

The attachment isn't working.

15. Weishi Warrior

Photos

Attached Files:

Johnny likes this.
  16. Weishi Warrior

Photos

Attached Files:

Johnny likes this.
  17. Dslazar9

Weishi Warrior and Johnny like this.
  18. Dslazar9

And some more:
    -13.jpg -15.jpg -16.jpg
    -1.jpg -13.jpg -15.jpg -16.jpg

Weishi Warrior and Johnny like this.
  19. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

We all know who Mantic59 (Mark) is, do you have any names to go with the rest of those pictures, or are they just some random shots?

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I really wish I could have been there. I'm going to miss the Milwaukee show today and I'm even more upset about that.

20. Dslazar9

Stuart (Weishi Warrior) is the guy on the left (suit/tie) in the top pic. I'm in the middle of the 2nd pic (olive jacket/tie)-and in a few of the others. Dave (not sure of his handle) is at right end of second pic. I'll let Stuart identify the rest.