De Vergulde Hand shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shaving Soap Reviews' started by crackstar, Feb 18, 2007.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Magnificent is the right word for this soap. It lathers so easily, the scent is pure elegant, exotic, and gentlemanly, and a godsend for sensitive skin. A soap like this will turn a shaving hater into a shaving lover!

Jeff

2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I agree with Jeff here , I actually owned this soap for a while and underestimated its presence. but now its a must shave with soap in my rotation.
    The scent of this soap is not like anything out there its original Verguldehand owned and these guys have been making soap for 450 years ! they must have learned something wouldnt you think ?

Ingredients:

Potassium Stearate,Sodium Stearate,Sodium Cocoate,Potassium Cocoate,Aqua,Benzyl Salicylate,O-Tolyl Biguanide Linalool,Amino Tri,Limone,
    Kaolin,Glycerin,parfum,sodium Chloride,TetraSodium EDTA ,Sodium Hydroxide,
    Potassium Hydroxide,Hexyl Cinnamal,Coumarin.

3. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

A real jewel this one.. Amazingly fast latherer.. Scent is discreet and very nice.. A touch flowery.. :cool:

A def must have.. Overall a super-soap with a Great Price!!

I LIKE !

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Good Stuff!

I am not 100% on the scent but its by far not the worst. (the more I use it the more I like the scent) It is also a tad pricey and hard to get but well worth it.

5. crackstar

I find the scent a combination of exotic and old-school. Very rich, and classy, something a wealthy businessman, or a president, prime minister, or king would shave with. How I wish there'd be an edt by De Vergulde Hand--I'd grab it in!

Jeff

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Off the scales!

I am having a really tough time not using this shave soap every single day. The shaves I get are very consistent, and extremely close.....yet protected.

Lathers quickly, lathers easily, with a scent that'll make the ladies swoon :rofl

An absolute favorite of mine, and its obvious De Vergulde Hand has a 450-year history making soap....they have it perfected :happy088

[​IMG]

7. H. Herdick

H. Herdick New Member

I used it for a long, long time (thought, there were no other soaps availible, till I got internet). I never got a full, rich lather from it and never, never soft shavings :o. It felt, I was using an electric-razor (I tried 2 or 3 times in my live :ashamed001).

A lot of people like this soap, I don't. The only thing I like is the scent. And the price: it is a cheap soap and for me, you get cheap results.

But it is all personal :D.

crackstar likes this.
  8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very nice soap, thanks Jeff and Rene!! I will buy it again :D

9. crackstar

Glad you like it Neale! :D ;) Our man Rene sure knows his stuff, right?

10. Misha

Misha New Member

I'm with H. Herdick on this one.

I also used it for a long time, due to a lack of better knowledge. Whipping up the beginning was O.K. but it takes ages and it always remained a thin, flimsy foam. Resulting in a lack of lubrication, softening, and a lot of skin irritation. Good thing is that, for me, it's cheap, basically the cheapest thing out there.
    The scent is nice though, although it is far to light for my taste. It almost disappears after a few seconds.
    Plus after each pass you have to whip it up again for like a minute.

Just my 2 cents.

11. crackstar

wow, I must say my experience with this soap is delightful.

12. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

High-quality soap at a reasonable price.

It lathers well, smells terrific.

My only problem with it is I wish the scent, which is gorgeous, was stronger.

Very smart buy.

13. herzi

herzi Active Member

the soap harms my skin. I don't care for the scent. So why should I buy one again?

14. crackstar

Ohhhhh, my--I'm sorry to hear this, Stefan. :(

15. plautze

plautze New Member

Hi there,
    the soap has a nice light smell.
    But its not really recommendable, because my skin is very dry after using the soap.:ashamed001

16. crackstar

Ich stimme mit Dir ueberrein--der Geruch ist ja toll. Vielleicht, Du hast empfindliche Haut wie ich. Jedoch, ich finde dass diese Seife sehr sanft und beruhigend ist.

17. christophoto

christophoto New Member

Availability

Where can you buy this in the USA?

18. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

I believe it´s available in the TSD shop ;)

19. christophoto

christophoto New Member

Thanks Rene! Yes, it is. I'll give it a try.

20. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

All you need in one!

2 words. Personal best. Highly recommend. In that 'desert island' situation I'll go with DVH soap. It works great and effective, softens the stubble well and the glide is effortless. Nice soapy scent, great lather! LOVE it!

crackstar likes this.