DE-Vette Pass-a-round thread...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Primotenore, May 23, 2020.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

That might be one of the smartest decision to have ever made

Jim99 and GAW9576 like this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Anybody got enough to spare a sample?
    Tom told me I should ask.;):happy068:

Jim99 and twhite like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Speaking of @twhite , this is a perfect thread to wish him a :greet002:

Edison Carter, GAW9576 and Jim99 like this.
  4. richgem

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thank you. Unfortunately my birthday is in October? Do you guys know something I don’t? What did my Momma tell y’all?

Edison Carter, GAW9576 and Jim99 like this.
  6. richgem

@Primotenore just couldn't wait that long. :D

7. richgem

Once upon a time, we had semi-official birthday threads. But, those seem to have stopped. Maybe fewer of us are posting our birth dates out of ID theft concerns.

8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Yeah! I was born on 01/01/1980!

Edison Carter, GAW9576 and twhite like this.
  9. GAW9576

So tonight was the 4th shave with the DEvette. Today overall was stressful. I went into the shave just hopping to get a decent shave and wind down a bit. First off I soaked my best brush while I was showering. After a much needed shower I shook out most of the water from the brush and loaded the Wickham Irish fern like I hated it ( even though I Love it ). Then I proceeded to face lather one of the densest lathers I've ever achieved. It was also extra fragrant. By now I was much more relaxed.
    Next I loaded a brand spanking new KAI blade into the DEvette. I started the first pass paying extra special attention to keeping the top cap nearly flat to skin and using almost negative pressure. I actually was thinking don't even try to shave. Just try to remove the lather from my skin with the blade. I also payed very close attention to the angles as I went from just under my jaw to my neck thennfrom my neck to my lower neck/upper shoulder. The second pass was pretty much a repeat of the first but in the opposite direction. This was followed by a little touch up and a clean-up of the cheeks above the beard line. The results were a very comfortable reasonably close shave without overdoing it. I finished things off witha splash of Thayers cucumber and a dab of Aqua Velva 5 in 1.
    I'm ready to send the razor on to the next contestant. If they are slow to PM me there address I may give it one more shave but I'm satisfied with the time I've had it.
    All in all a beautiful razor that for me just needs a little extra attention to get good results. That and a very sharp blade seems to be part of the key.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

10. GAW9576

@Edison Carter. Please PM me your address and I should be able to get this in the mail Monday.

Edison Carter and Primotenore like this.
  11. Primotenore

Article Team
    :scared003:

GAW9576, Jim99 and twhite like this.
  12. GAW9576

Yesterday marked my last shave with the DEvette. I used the KAI blade again and
    gave the Mitchell's another chance. I followed the same process as the last shave. Concentrating on angle and using just enough contact to tickle the lather away cleanly. This results in a very enjoyable shave again.
    The KAI blade fit better then the Feather which was a bit tight on the posts. The feather shaved very well with good technique but didn't want to come out of the razor when the shave was done.
    The Mitchell's lathered much better this time and I think with time will be an excellent addition to my rotation.
    I had 5 shaves with the DEvette and 3 were very good, 2 were not bad but left a little more irritation than is acceptable. Those two were simply me getting used to a very different razor and possibly 1 was due to a mishandled blade.
    The DEvette is a beautiful razor with it's stealthy angles and stellar stand. It takes some extra care and attention to perform to its potential but it's potential is very high.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

:)
    Excellent write up.

:)

GAW9576 likes this.
  14. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

:eatdrink047:

GAW9576 likes this.
  15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

My local Bed Bath & Beyond carries the Veg.

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. Primotenore

Article Team
    Well done report, thank you.

Droo78 and GAW9576 like this.
  17. GAW9576

Thank you. I will check there.

Droo78 likes this.
  18. GAW9576

Thank you Gentlemen.

ischiapp likes this.
  19. richgem

If you are lucky, they won't have it. :rofl:

Droo78, GAW9576, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is NOT nice at all. I am chosen and VERY happy wearing it as a hermit. Not by choice mind you. I haven’t a clue as to why nobody stays around me.

Just kidding. If your chemistry works. It is a decent scent. Top note for me is a powder scent at first. Then it mellows to a floral. My wife prefers a Musky scent on me so I don’t wear the Veg that often. It is not offensive to her. Mind you she has a nose like a bloodhound. She prefers a more masculine scent.