December 2018 30 Day Rule/Focux Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2018.

?

What will be the most decadent part of your December shaves?

1. My razor(s). Seriously - I'm bringing the finest of the fine.

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. My soaps/cremes. Seriously - Gonna be so luxurious I may be unable to talk.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. My aftershaves/balms. Seriously - Almost too good to even use without being arrested.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. My cookies. Seriously - I'm drooling just thinking about those cookies.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My donuts. Seriously - You think I drool over cookies? Check this out!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. My ice cream. Seriously - when you have ice cream who needs cookies and donuts?

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  7. Just looking at my beautiful self in the mirror. Seriously - who could ask for anything more?

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

You'll never really know unless you try it, Paul!

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Can't argue with that.

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Happy Birthday to Wilson! I trust the party was a blast, Perry.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Happy Birthday to the young man :).

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have two more waiting in reserve, plus a 2/3 full bottle in use. I have my doubts that I'll ever use it all up.
    From one "shrinking violet" to another...
    (Cue music) I'm "runnin' on empty"...
    Thank you Perry.
    I am so happy my "shrinkage" amuses you. ;)
    Thank you Clint.
    Very nice, Jim. I miss my Diplomat. It was a great shaver.
    :signs011:

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Jason and Paul! It was a good party. Try to post a picture in a little while.

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

8. wristwatchb

I'm really glad to hear that you work for a great company, Paul. I did as well. It sure means a lot, as you have said.

9. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20181209_153548.jpg

This another of the razors from the auction , British Gem , after sanitizing and tweaking a loose cap, it looks and shaves very very well. Was bent in the mail when it arrived ( Thanks Canada Post) but I think I got it near perfect again, I've never dabbled in repairing these before.
    All in all another great addition to the family and the shave was decadent.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful shave Patrick. The razor looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Congrats on getting and fixing your new razor, Patrick!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Jason

13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Clint

14. wristwatchb

PM Charlie fu post

1.png
    You're rockin' your focus, Terry. You have some wonderful additions to your den, and I can't wait to see them in your SOTD posts.
    Great job, Aaron. You will be the chief 30DC lather maker (latherer, latherman?) in no time!
    Wow! What a beautiful set up, Clint. I'm glad you finally got some downtime today. I hope you had a great time with Mom. She'd still love you if you wore Clubman. :)
    That's a great looking Milord, Joseph, and congrats on the first George Costanza shave of the month!
    Paul, I soak my brush in warm water prior to loading it with soap or cream. Then I place brush in a brush scuttle for the remainder of the shave. You'll see the one I use in today's SOTD photo. It keeps the lather nice and warm. I like it this way all year long.
    Brian, that's my favorite of all the straights in your rotation. I love the beautiful red scales and the detailing on the spine of the blade. I hope you had a great weekend at home with your Bride.
    Happy 4th Birthday, Wilson!! I can't wait to see photos from the garbage truck party. I bet you all had a blast.

I'm glad you had a great shave, Perry. I can't stop after one pass, either. You must have 50 Stirling soaps. :)
    Nice shave and write up, Gary. It's always cool to see which classic Gillette you bring out for the day's shave. I'm a big fan of Polsilver blades too. I prefer them over Feather blades, as they are a tad smoother and nearly as sharp. If a 100 pack is good, then 500 would be better. ;)
    Jim, the Diplomat is a beauty. Every time I turn around, you guys are showing off Dipolmats, Aristocrats, and Milords. I thought I was done, but RAD is starting to resurface.

Congrats on the haul from Stirling. Haverford sounds like a really nice scent. Pipe tobacco and vanilla would pair well together.

I hope you had a slow and easy Sunday afternoon.

15. wristwatchb

Another great shave, Patrick. The new razors just keep rolling into the den. ;) It looks to be in great shape!

16. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Oy! After skipping shaving yesterday and therefore also not following the thread as closely as usual, I find myself a couple hundred posts behind tonight! Too many to list catch-up comments, so I will just say that there were a lot of great photos, shave reports and side-topic conversations posted. I enjoyed reading through them all!

Perry @PLAla, Happy Birthday to Wilson. I'm not sure what a garbage truck party is or how one organises it, but I expect it was a blast!

Carry on, gentlemen! I will shave and post myself later tonight when I am off call and can relax and enjoy it.

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Mom might have been ok with Clubman but I wouldn't have been able to eat lunch for the smell. ;)

18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks for the encouragement!
    I want to see how the 30DF ends.
    Then I want to see how some of those other razors work. Got some new blades for the Schick injectors too.
    Till then!
    tp

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Charlie! We had a fun party. And no, I have maybe 10 Stirling soaps.

20. brit

brit in a box

thank you charlie ,great post...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.