December 2018 30 Day Rule/Focux Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2018.

?

What will be the most decadent part of your December shaves?

1. My razor(s). Seriously - I'm bringing the finest of the fine.

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. My soaps/cremes. Seriously - Gonna be so luxurious I may be unable to talk.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. My aftershaves/balms. Seriously - Almost too good to even use without being arrested.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. My cookies. Seriously - I'm drooling just thinking about those cookies.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My donuts. Seriously - You think I drool over cookies? Check this out!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. My ice cream. Seriously - when you have ice cream who needs cookies and donuts?

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  7. Just looking at my beautiful self in the mirror. Seriously - who could ask for anything more?

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Jim & Gary. Don't be mislead though. I started my Wet Shave Journey with straights and shavettes. Using any old DE or Schick is laziness on my part. It's been long enough since I used an open blade that the scars are mostly healed. If you have daughters it's a good skill to develop. When her BF shows up you can be lathered up and wielding one for the intimidation factor.

Is it Jim @Norcalnewb that uses SR/shavettes at the gym? Manliness on parade, and keep that towel tucked in.

Edit; Member @Trigger has a thread for those that open blade shave at the gym.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    FaceScraper, brit, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm jealous of @mrchick for finishing off a soap. Hope I can say that about my Stoylin Barbershop soon.

brit, Paul76, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

I'd give #15 in red two successive 5:00 majors. (Course that means white can score at will for 10 minutes.)

4. Paul Turner

Looks like that cat ordered his/her hat from Filson's(Seattle). May we call it "The Cat UNDER The Hat"? :)

Screwtape, Paul76, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was thinking I'd ask her out for a date. Maybe a bottle of wine and bucket of fried chicken at the drive in movies. Bet she's fun to wrassle if you don't mind collecting a few bruises.

Screwtape, Paul76, NCoxSTL and 5 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Gary, Chris at RazorPlate replated a NEW SC in Rhodium for me a couple of years ago. It was a gift to a dear friend. I am very tempted to send the SC in my den to him for replating also.
    Charlie - NEW SC - Rhodium - 1.JPG Charlie - NEW SC - Rhodium - 2.JPG Charlie - NEW SC - Rhodium - 3.JPG

mrchick, brit, Screwtape and 9 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

The only advantage of dating #15 is that when she begins to get real vocal, you can kiss her to shut her up.

Screwtape, Paul76, NCoxSTL and 3 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Screwtape, clint64 and wristwatchb like this.
  9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Very nice NEW LC, Terry. Others have stated that it is one of, if not the best, vintage Gillette. It is my fave as well.
    You are very persistent to buy another tub after binning the first, Joseph. Personally, I’m hoping that if there is a Shave Apocalype that my vintage collection will be able to last...
    Neat props, Patrick. What are those black pedestals in the background?
    Beer and a nap? Always a good plan. The usual exceptional photo, Clint.
    How many did you finish off yourself, Brian? I got through two Stirlings.

mrchick, 9nein9, Screwtape and 8 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

Thanks Paul. Chris does some beautiful work, for sure. That's 3 photos of the same razor. :)

Screwtape, RyX, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Oh the difference is in the ART WORK, eh?

12. wristwatchb

Well, Terry. O.G.'s don't need to use Google Translate. You'll get there eventually. ;)

Screwtape, Paul76, RyX and 4 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg
    Sorry, Chief. I didn't think @Terry was cleared yet to use the Cone of Silence. He seems to be moving in the right direction. He switched from Feathers to Polsilvers. I figure 60 gourd shaves with the straight, and he should be good to go.

mrchick, Screwtape, Paul76 and 7 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Hey Charlie, I had a strange feeling I saw Ms. Clubman again at the supermarket a week ago. Something about the way she was talking to me, y'know? But I didn't have Clubman on that time!

mrchick, Screwtape, RyX and 4 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

Gillette Red Tip, Tabac, and Omega 98. Those are definitely favorites of mine, Rick. I'm glad you will join me in the shavette focus for January. I got an early start, and I'm on shave number 2 already. It will be fun following your progress.

mrchick, 9nein9, Screwtape and 7 others like this.
  16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks!
    When I picked it up for 4 bucks, I just liked the 2 tone color. Got it cleaned up and it's a great shaver. Gonna try a feather next time. :)
    tp

9nein9, Screwtape, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Patrick and Jason.

18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

If I live that long...
    :happy102:
    tp

clint64, PLAla, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  19. Paul Turner

@PLAla-I figure it's about time to give the Jeeves BR the attention it deserves..3 straight with it next time it comes around. Probably won't do much(that is, provide suds), but we shall see.

9nein9, Screwtape, Paul76 and 5 others like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Actually, let's add 4:00 if that body/hair slam drew blood. That allows 2 goals(if they can be scored, of course).

Screwtape, Paul76, NCoxSTL and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.