December 2018 30 Day Rule/Focux Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2018.

?

What will be the most decadent part of your December shaves?

1. My razor(s). Seriously - I'm bringing the finest of the fine.

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. My soaps/cremes. Seriously - Gonna be so luxurious I may be unable to talk.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. My aftershaves/balms. Seriously - Almost too good to even use without being arrested.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. My cookies. Seriously - I'm drooling just thinking about those cookies.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My donuts. Seriously - You think I drool over cookies? Check this out!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. My ice cream. Seriously - when you have ice cream who needs cookies and donuts?

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  7. Just looking at my beautiful self in the mirror. Seriously - who could ask for anything more?

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

DECember Dancin' with the one who brung me

Jeeves of Hudson Street Bay Rum
    B-400 Omega 98 boar brush
    Suribachi scuttle & warm water
    Luxor shavette & Ming Shi 2000s
    1-1/2 Personna Lab Blue blade
    Vintage Shulton Old Spice AS
    SOTD 12312018.gif Searching for inspiration for the last shave of '18. This is the same setup I used on January 1st of this year. The Bay Rums have been hitting the screen recently. I only have one through the generosity of Adam @Drygulch. Fortunately it's a low or no clove scent so I do enjoy the citrus twist they formulated. The soap base was a great preview to the '18 Meet Up LE Blood on Steel soap. It gave a slick surface for the open blade, and more than adequate when I finished using the Futur clone on 5.5. One nick on my chin from the Luxor - operator error. It sealed up between rinse and AS. The post shave feel of real Old Spice AS is almost as good as Clubman Lotion.
    It's been a good year hanging with The 30 Day Crew & I'm looking forward to '19.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

clint64, wristwatchb, 9nein9 and 11 others like this.
  2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Stirling and Proraso. Both quality and easy to see why they're favorites!

3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You should have tried lathering that Fruitcake. I'm guessing no worse than Williams.

clint64, 9nein9, Screwtape and 8 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Terrific pic, Rick! Happy New Year!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

clint64, wristwatchb, RyX and 6 others like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That's a great suggestion, Neal. I'll give that a shot next time around. I picked up a Williams puck as well, but I was ashamed to tell anyone. It didn't lather, so I ate it too. Actually, mixing it with 2% milk produced some lather. I think this is what @wchnu calls a Williams super lather. :D
    1.png

clint64, RyX, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

cool razor and set up rick, happy new year..

clint64, wristwatchb, RyX and 6 others like this.
  7. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to hear if your families loss Andrew. My thoughts and prayers are with your family

clint64, wristwatchb, RyX and 8 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

If it lasted long enough to take a picture it can't really be Williams. And, yes, disclaimer time, I did actually get a couple of what I would call decent lathers out of Williams. (I just don't want the wrath of the Fuzzster to ruin my New Year juju).

clint64, wristwatchb, RyX and 9 others like this.
  9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

My uncle has one of those, and I remember messing with it when I was a teenager. Never had a barn to work on it in though. Cool old tractors.

clint64, wristwatchb, RyX and 9 others like this.
  10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

They were and good old tractors. It amazes me at how versatile they were and dependable. I don't think this country could produce anything like them again. These old Farmalls fed a lot of people. Most old farms in our area had a Super A. Take care.

clint64, wristwatchb, RyX and 7 others like this.
  11. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Fruitcake lathers better if you bloom it.

clint64, wristwatchb, RyX and 8 others like this.
  12. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I polished off 2 - 1 oz samples, but after seeing this list, that only reinforces the shame of my meager effort. Maybe next year...

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Decadent December!!

December 31, 2018

Razor - 1960 (F4) Gillette Toggle (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush - Stirling Finest Badger Fan
    Post - Alum

Well, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and all the ships at sea - here it is. The final shave for me for 2018. I wanted to finish old-school with Decadence. I think I've done it. The Toggle with a Sharp Star is hard to beat. Mitchell's, around since 1893, and still the number one soap in my den. It has managed to hang on even with the emergence of Stirling mutton tallow soaps. The Stirling Finest Badger is one truly fine brush. It, along with the synthetic SynBad in the Canuck brush is helping me become a "fan" of the "fan"! To say that the lather was decadent is an understatement. I got three full passes out of the load and squeezed out enough extra to sell on the open market. The consistency was amazing. Like holding a soft slick pillow. That's the best description I can think of.

The finish was a near-BBS. I needed a bit more on the neck to get the baby in tow but didn't worry about that tonight. Too many other good things about the shave to care if it was "perfect" or not. And that, my friends, is how you finish off a year.

To everyone who has participated in the 30 Day Thread in 2018 - THANK YOU for all you have shared and for making this place a truly unique and special place!! We are approaching 6500 posts for December. Amazing! While I knew the potential was there I really didn't think we'd get that high on post count. You just can't slow us down once we get started. Whether we are that busy every month isn't the real measure of success, however. The measure of success is the number of improved shaves that have been enjoyed, and the number of newbies and even old-timers who have learned new gear as well as formed a bond that transcends this thing we call an internet. I can't wait to see what 2019 will bring. Thank you again, fellow denizens! It's been a true pleasure.

December 31 2018.jpg

14. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I am sorry for your loss, Andrew. Pat sounds like a great gentleman who I wish I could have known. Sincere condolences to you and your family and friends, and I will keep you all in my prayers during this time of sorrow.

15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hello everyone.
    Now this mornings shave was a wonderful Ogllala bay rum shave with a straight and my Gillette New OC with a Feather blade. Uneventful and nice start to the day.:happy088:
    The real thing that sets today apart is being a member of TSD since June and it being the end of the year. At the end of June I had 3 DE razors.
    Now, I would like to thank all of the people who helped (enabled) me to collect and USE almost all of these.
    Now I'm working on using open blades. This is not why I joined, I just needed a little help getting a good start, then...well.... ya know...
    20181231_214027.jpg
    This does not include the 30 or more soaps and creams over 1000 blades, a dozen or so brushes and other paraphernalia.
    For those who didn't help (enable) me with this, I guess you need to step up your game a bit. ;)
    For getting me started in a big big way!!
    Thank you all!
    :happy096:

tp

16. brit

brit in a box

lovely shave set sir ,decadence 301..happy new year..

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave and picture, Neil. Happy New Year!

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Quite the collection, Terry! Happy New Year!

19. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

DEcember 31 NYE

Had the day off because of rain for most of the day, which was fine by me since it makes for a nice long weekend. And since it was rainy almost all day I figured I would use some items that go good with rain for the last shave of 2018

Dubl Duck Dwarf
    Mountain rain by Jeeves
    Henry cavendish pure badger
    Myrsol Don Miguel 1919

Happy new year to everyone here on TSD!
    5A649E9D-445B-4F5D-BBD5-68441C3DBB48.jpeg

20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:smiley respect:Toggle :smiley respect:Toggle :smiley respect:Toggle..............Thanks for sharing.....awesome gear and photo.

Drygulch, clint64, RyX and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.