December 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 29, 2019.

?

What's the most decadent item in your den?

1. A really decadent DE - we're talking top of the line, gold plated over the top DECADENT!

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. A really decadent straight razor - we're talking top of the line, incredibly DECADENT!

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. A really decadent SE razor - vintage baby and shines like the sun because it's DECADENT!

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. A really decadent soap that lathers up like DECADENT whipped cream!

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. A really decadent brush that feels so soft yet makes such DECADENT lather!

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  6. Cookies, man. I mean seriously - is there anything more DECADENT than cookies??

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. Ice cream, man. Seriously. Without DECADENT ice cream - cookies are just hard bread!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Welcome aboard!

We're here to help. If you're having any specific issues let us know. Someone here will be able to talk you through them.

Have a great day!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'll battle on using my Gillette Single Ring; however, I'll expand my side-by-side soap comparison to include Mike's, Eufros, and Stirling soaps. It will be interesting to see if Stirling can oust Mike's from the top spot.

During my short trip to snow country (not the North Pole, but close), I'll wield my trusty Trac II and a Tabac shave stick.

Is that DECadent or what? :cool:

Hembree, 9nein9, Terry and 15 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Welcome aboard, Jason!

4. Trigger

Jim, you're fine as long as you are not in trouble. Lol!

5. Trigger

Welcome aboard!

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'm in! Will rotate through my injectors and SEs as usual. Plan to use Stirling Ozark Mountain a good bit this month. It has a vibrant, holiday scent to me that I really enjoy. Expect to see it a good bit. Looking forward to a fun month!

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Joe, I'm glad to see you progressing well with your "same for 30 days" plan. I'm beginning to have doubts about a "same for 3" plan.

8. Paul Turner

I'm in. My focus will be trying to come up with an answer to a trifecta/triple play(3 straight days with the same shave plan)or the "exacta"/double play of 2. On the negative side, I wouldn't be doing much soap reduction, but on the positive side, I'd get to them more often. But I look forward to an exciting month. At the end of it, I'll have my choice for the 2020 Stoylin Tony Award winner and runnerup(but won't make that public until New Year's Day 2020).

9. Paul Turner

People can be fine and in trouble at the same time, y'know. :Animatedfrozensmily:

10. Trigger

Thanks, Paul! All told, it will be about a 45 day window to complete this challenge because I don't shave everyday. When I straight shave, I still look presentable after 24 hours. At the 40 hr mark, I need to shave to look clean. I time my shaves at the 32 to 38 hour mark because of my intermittent work schedule.

11. Trigger

I like that plan, Paul!

12. Paul Turner

Well I guess that could be a factor, all right(your intermittent thing).

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I'm IN again.

14. Paul Turner

I might have given my Stephan Bay Rum A.S. too many shakes this morning, as a lot of clove scent came out. It's calmed down now though. But this creates the question-with so many shakes, did I bring the clove to the top too soon? Tomorrow I'll just do one or two shakes prior to application.

15. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

I'm in, not completely sure yet what i'm going to use.

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That's ok. Mr. Fancypants @BaylorGator can be very persuasive with that ice cream racket he has going. I knew I should have taken him to the wrong airline terminal after the meet up.

Hembree, 9nein9, Terry and 11 others like this.
  17. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I’m in again! My focus this month will be on my vintage razors. I have been focusing for the last few months on technique, but this month I want to settle in and enjoy using some of the old timers. I shaved with a Krona for half a century, and totally neglected my old faithful friend. So out come the Kronas (three models), my Gems, my Eclipse Red Ring, my Shake Sharps (2 models), and a variety of my vintage Gillettes and maybe a few more. I’m a relatively new member, and have learned a great deal over the last five months through this exercise! So thanks everyone! I’m ready for December!

Hembree, 9nein9, Terry and 14 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wow. That is a great looking razor Keith.

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am in this month. I plan on rotating through hardware and software that I really enjoy. I am expecting the Enoch and Rex Ambassador to arrive during the month. I will add those to the mix during the month.

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

All vintage, all month. Doesn't get much more decadent than that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.