December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Another great looking Mad Max shave, Joe, and a nice year end message.

Hembree, Trigger, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

:thanks:

Hembree, Trigger, jluc and 3 others like this.
  3. jtspartan

Very high praise for that Colonial, Jeff. A looker, too. The pic did it justice as well. I share your year end sentiments.

Hembree, Trigger, jluc and 3 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe..happy new year:eatdrink047:

Hembree, jgreenepa, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  5. jtspartan

Very nice pic and combo, Andrew. I have always been a hot water shaver with a cold water post shave. I have never found it to be a source of irritation.

Hembree, Trigger, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you my friend..happy new year:eatdrink047:..

Hembree, Trigger, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  7. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Lovely shave, Andrew! A two band Manchurian Badger for $11!!! That is the deal of deals! Glad you’re enjoying the warm water shaves! I’m a cold water guy! I just find it more refreshing, but in this game as we all know, YMMV, Happy New Year, my friend from MOLC Central! :)

Hembree, Trigger, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Andrew.glad you enjoyed your focus.one more tool in the box..my shaves are generally warm water,cold water rinse.sometimes i steam the face with a towel,especially if i have been under a car or playing in the garage..cold water shaves on hot days are refreshing.love all of them..no rules,no limits..just choices..:cool:

Hembree, Trigger, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  9. jgreenepa

Thanks, Clint! :)

Hembree, Trigger, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 31, 2020
    Supply Co SE V2 ●●
    Schick Proline
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    La Toja
    Shave Cream & Aftershave

[​IMG]

I was up and moving very early this morning. With no idea what to use for the shave I decided to keep the hardware the same and go with La Toja. La Toja is a fantastic cream. It flat works well with an excellent post shave feel. Three passes and touch ups ended in a near perfect BBS. I buffed my lower right neck but still couldn't catch the little guy. After a morning at work, I was able to pick up lunch for the ladies and will take off the remainder of the day. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

December 2020 Recap

[​IMG]

December is always a very stressful work month for me. With that being the case, I like to use products that work easily for me. I certainly did that this month and even added a new favorite to the mix with the Yates Razor. The Yates is a fantastic razor but the H plate really moved it up another level. It will be the cause of several razors leaving the den. It was nice to welcome some new faces to the 30DC during December. As always one of the better parts of the month was the friendship, courtesy and fellowship exhibited daily on this thread. Thank you guys for being a refuge in these trying times. I look forward to participating next month. Happy New Year to everyone.

11. brit

brit in a box

thank you Clint..have a happier new year..best you can..:cool::eatdrink047:

Hembree, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave pic and summary Clint..cool chubby 2..:D..happy new year..:cool::eatdrink047:

Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  13. jtspartan

DEcember 31st
    Barbasol FH w Astra SP (2)
    Omega Pro/Resin
    A&E Asian Plum
    Thayers
    Shulton OS
    FA47C4EA-BF7D-4046-BFFC-380EFA52F75C.jpeg
    Last shave of Decadent DEcember, and obviously of 2020. This month’s focus had me using some fave DEs that hadn’t seen enough usage lately. This Barbasol is just a superb shaver.
    I also used 6 software combos in rotation all month. That worked out quite well, actually.
    6D3855DF-0528-472B-BD26-3BB2D3E0EEAD.jpeg
    Have a great day all!

14. jgreenepa

Thanks, Jason! The Silversmith is my best DE shaver. It’s a joy to use, but honestly, my New LC is good also.

Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  15. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Jeff, I'll count it a success if I outlast Jim except for the exceptions I stipulated. LOL

Jim, I'm with you. On the forum I left everyone would laugh and comment towards me like I see them razzing you. They said shave purchases were like breathing to me :D Let's surprise them this time.................If we can :eatdrink047:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  16. jtspartan

The usual great summary photo, Clint, and a very nice message. Hope your family is doing as well as can be today.

Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  17. jgreenepa

Lovely shave, photo and end of month summary, as usual, Clint. Where exactly does this Yates stack up in comparison to all your other safety razors? Just curious? Happy New Year from MOLC Central. :)

Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  18. jgreenepa

Great FH shave, Jason! Happy New Year to you and your entire family from MOLC Central. :D

Hembree, clint64, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jason.been a bit of a Frag collector the last few years ,with some 20 or so in the drawer.some cheap ,some pricier..I am definitely into EDT/colognes etc more than aftershaves and next year the trend will continue..i have the summer/ winter thing covered..polo blue was a set i bought a few years back when i was looking for a classic aquatic and didn't want to spend millions.very nice,a touch soapy when first applied but dries down nicely.being i don't go clubbing and stuff it's a decent fragrance but dated per se..not that i care much..in the end,wife likes it..:cool:

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jason. The agitators are built into the bowl in a honeycomb pattern.

Hembree, jgreenepa, clint64 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.