DEcember: Gillette DE Month for Me

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod161201-7.jpg

I have my seven day stand to keep things straight. This is the first week's line up. Left to right: Single Ring, made in England Goodwill, made in England NEW, USA NEW, Old Type with Maggard SS fat handle, Sheraton, Fat-Handle Tech. My goal is to use all of my Gillette DE razors this month. I will be lathering my Arko with my Jayaruh #61 400 type brush. I have 16 more Gillette DE razors, so some will get double duty this month. Below is the first set up.

sod161201.JPG

BamaT, Keithmax, John Beeman and 15 others like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Hmm... December is DE month? It's been some time now since I've used my DEs. I might join you!

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I have other DE razors too, but I am going to stick to my Gillettes for DEcember. That is just me. They are a mixture of English and American made, OC and Closed comb, three piece and TTO, short travel and long handles, too. I have 23 Gillettes in all; all double edged. With 31 days in DEcember, some will get double duty.

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Hmmm....

I have a total of 16 DEs in my den and I'm setting up a schedule for December. With the exception of three, all of my DEs are Gillette razors. I'll squeeze in a couple of SR shaves each week and still cover my whole DE collection in December. With all of the focus I've put on my injectors, SEs and SRs over the last few months, this will give me a chance to get reacquainted with my DEs.

It should be a fun month!

5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That sounds cool. If something comes up, I may deviate a bit, but for now DEcember will be my month to get all my Gillettes some face time.

Carbide Mike and preidy like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod161202.JPG
    This is my Goodwill razor: made in England for the French market. It is a very nice shaver.

BamaT, George X, jmudrick and 4 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod161203.JPG
    This one is a flat bottom NEW long comb made in England. Originally, it had a Decollete handle, but that was too short for my liking. I replaced it with this ball end handle I got off of an Old Type. Again, this is a great shaver.

BamaT, George X, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod161204.JPG
    This is my NEW short comb. Originally, it had no plating, it was just brass. I liked it so much I had it plated in bright nickel. It is a favorite and delivers a superb shave.

BamaT, George X, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Those are gorgeous razors Jim!

I've been alternating between my straight razors and my DEs since December started. I used my Gillette blue tip yesterday and my rocket HD today. It's been a while since I've used the rocket and I had forgotten what a great razor it is. Paired with a Personna blade, it gave me a comfortable BBS all around. I didn't have time today for pictures, but I should tomorrow.

Jayaruh likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like a nice plan. I have a blue tip and a rocket Aristocrat Jr. (my only Rocket). Straights... I don't have the time or patience for. I admire those who do though. I plan my shaves a week in advance and take pictures for the week all at one time.

Jim99 likes this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod161205.JPG
    Today features an Old Type head on a Maggard SS fat handle. The original ball end handle now is paired with my flat bottom NEW. I have finally tamed the Old Type. I can get a great shave with no blood by using the technique described as riding the cap.

BamaT, George X, Demidog and 3 others like this.
  12. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Great idea Jim. I think I'll follow you into DE-cember. No pic today, but I started out with The Sledgehammer, a Merkur 39c. Always a comfortable shave.

HERM

Jayaruh and Jim99 like this.
  13. Herm2502

Thanks for explaining the handle. The look of that razor had me scratching my head.

HERM

Jayaruh and Jim99 like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Very nice collection! Have fun!

Jayaruh likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you, Chris. I am definitely having fun.

16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod161206.JPG
    For Tuesday's shave, I am using my Gillette Sheraton. This is my newest razor and may even be my favorite. I love the looks, and it shaves like a dream.

Bird Lives and Herm2502 like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Tomorrow, I will finish off the first week of Gillette DE razor shaves. I decided I better get on the stick and plan out the rest of my Gillettes. First, I want to post tomorrow's planned shave. I will be using my Pre-war Gillette Fat Handled Tech.
    sod161207.JPG
    Edit: I got an exceptionally close shave with no irritation today. The head of this razor was very well designed. It would be hard to cut oneself, but I guess there is an idiot out there who could pull it off.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    BamaT, RyX and Herm2502 like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Starting on Thursday, I will be using the following razors. Left to right in chronological order: 46-47 Aristocrat, 46-47 Superspeed, Black Tip SS W4, President Y1, Superspeed Y1, Blue Tip SS B3, and Red Tip SS D4.
    IMG_2428.JPG

RyX and Herm2502 like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Here are the rest of my Gillette Double-edged razors. Left to right: English Rocket Aristocrat Jr., Flare Tip SS E3, 195 Fatboy F2, Slim H1, Slim H2, Travel Tech H2, Travel Tech J4, Black Handle SS N3, Black Beauty O4, Travel Tech T3.
    So, I have 24 Gillette DE razors, not enough to complete the month. Therefore, I will finish off the year with favorites starting on Christmas Day Shave.
    IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG IMG_2426.JPG

BamaT, RyX and Herm2502 like this.
  20. Herm2502

That Sheraton is sweet. They're great to shave with.

HERM

Jayaruh likes this.