Did you get it all out?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by swarden43, Jun 14, 2021.

1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

They were all new when you got 'em. We all thought it. It needed to be said. :D

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well he remembers when they cluttered up his purdy brush with the word "Sterilized". :happy097:

:signs081:

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Didn't he mention in another thread that he had raised the boars? :scared007:

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

And yet he denies there was any anthrax in those brushes ...........

:happy102: sorry Fuzzy it was too easy.

:ashamed001:

5. wristwatchb

@wchnu made so much noise about it that historians call it the "Roaring 20's." Well, at least Fuzzy is consistent. :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Ijustmissedthe50s, richgem and Enrico like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I was talking about @wchnu nicknamed Fuzzy

wristwatchb likes this.
  7. wristwatchb

Corrected my post. Thanks. :happy088:

Enrico likes this.
  8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

At this part, I definitely think the temperature matters. Warm or hot water breaks down and melts the ingredients which would seem to help in washing them away, yes?

I always pre-soak. My routine is to fill my sink with hot water. Then place my surabachi bowl that I use for lathering and the brush I am going to use, into the sink full of hot water. Then I let them heat up and soak while I am taking my shower.

On a side note, I will say that both of my Simpson brushes are the "worst" ones that I use. They shed horribly and have done so since day one of my ownership.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Tedolph and brit like this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@IAmTheJody
    I'll give you warm or hot during the rinse may get out more sludge. Seems logical. Cold seems to get out enough gunk that I haven't noticed any buildup.

10. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

I haven’t rinsed my brush in three years and it is just fine. It started as an experiment, now it is a way of life. After all it is just soap on it. I think most folks rinse and dry and that is just fine I don’t think it makes much difference, just do as you like.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.