Different razors at Bestshave.net ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by newb, Jan 12, 2012.

1. newb

newb Resident Newb

Checking out Bestshave today and I found some safety razors, that appear well made and pricey for bestshave. Anyone have any ideas of the maker? Or actually bought one? Specifically the #1, #2 and #3. I'm contemplating ordering one as they are offering free shipping for 50 dollar purchase. I need some Perma Sharps (best blade in the world, IMHO) and I was thinking of dropping one of these in the cart. But I don't want to throw away 24 bucks on a parker, if that's what they are. Any thoughts?

2. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I find it hard to tell from the photos but I have the feeling that Parker is a few steps up from these. You may be better off looking at Merkur on eBay or amazon. See what others think.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

The #1 looks a bit like the Dorco TTO. I don't know if it is that brand or not, but it looks like the Dorco. The silo doors look thin and the whole thing has a look of the cheaply made "finger adjustable" razors where the metal bends with a finger's pressure. #2 looks like it a Sabi, but the pins in the head aren't the same.

Myself, I can see getting a #2 or #3 if I really needed to spend just $20 more to get to the free shipping. After all, that makes the cost of the razor closer to $10-$15. However, I would still advise getting more blades or something else and saving the $25 and putting that towards a EJ89 or something else if you want a new razor.