Dinner tonight

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by kjbarth, Jun 24, 2019.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

gosh, I hope that tasted better than it looks.:angelic007:

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Tasted fine. Good ratio of protein to fat, with immune-boosting garlicky goodness.

richgem likes this.
  3. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

wasabi crusted bluefin tuna loin pan fried to medium rare over jasmine rice, topped with crawfish remoulade. IMG_20200412_200615.jpg

4. Slash McCoy

ShrimpVegTeriyaki.jpg
    Shrimp and veg teriyaki

5. Slash McCoy

ChickenRoll.jpg A perennial favorite here at Maison Slash, the roasted deboned roast roll.

6. Slash McCoy

ChickenWaffles.jpg
    My take on Chicken and Waffles. Slices of the chicken roll I did yesterday, gravy from the saved drippings. Homemade waffles, of course. No eggos here.

7. Slash McCoy

ChickenSoup.jpg Homemade spicy chicken soup.

8. Slash McCoy

MegaSammitch.jpg
    Fried kielbasa and grilled onions on homemade bread, with the loaf sliced longways instead of crossways. Not sure why I did that but it was great. Dressed with a little remoulade sauce, and shortly after snapping the pic, Mrs Slash berates me for fixing hers without her beloved pickle planks, so we added them. Bread was grilled in butter, of course. Very good sammitch, I have to say.

9. Slash McCoy

More stir fry fun. Shrimp/veg teriyaki over jasmine rice cooked with a little Goya chicken and tomato bouillon
    StirFryShrimpVegTerry.jpg

10. Slash McCoy

White beans with ham hocks and Rotels, and roast chicken leg quarters
    ChickenAndBeans.jpg

11. Slash McCoy

The beans again. They are always better the next day. My favorite rice pot was dirty and the dishwasher was already full and I got a burst of inspiration and I fried up some chopped-style hash browns with onions and jalapenos. Not bad, I must say.
    Beans&HashBrowns.jpg

12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Homemade fettuccine with dairy-free lemon alfredo sauce (liquified raw cashews take the place of the dairy)

13. Slash McCoy

Been kinda busy so haven't been so attentive to my posting or even my cooking. Last night it was corner store smorgasboard. Fried chicken, meat pies, and corn dogs dipped in jalapeno cheese dip. Fritos for desert. The "scoops" style. Tonight, chili con carne with Jimmy Dean sausage and ground beef, and red beans, over rice. No pics. You seen chili before, I think. Eating soon but of course I already ate a half plateful just tasting it to make sure it is fit for Mrs Slash to eat.

The addition of the Jimmy Dean really perks it up. Also I put half the red chili or in this case chili powder in at the beginning, and half when it is nearly done. An old chili cookoff trick. Yeah I know, don't put beans and NEVER put red beans. Well, Mrs Slash likes it with red beans and so that's just the way it is. Rice is Thai jasmine rice, cooked pot-in-pot style, pressure cooker. Always comes out absolutely magnificent that way. I put a lot less water than most folks and cook two minutes longer. Okay, I can smell it now, and when I can smell the food while I am in my office, it's done. Them's the rules. Always works.

14. Hercule

Hercule Active Member

Just put a pan of teriyaki chicken thighs to bake in the oven. We'll have that with some leftover basmati rice from the other night and boiled broccoli and cauliflower. Meanwhile, I'm having a bit of computer time and drinking an Original Sin Black Widow Cider (Blackberry & Apple hard cider).

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Tonight we are making broiled chicken with fresh ravioli ( from a local shop.)

IAmTheJody likes this.