Discovered Speick Shave Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by desafetyrazor, Sep 9, 2019.

1. desafetyrazor

desafetyrazor New Member

I'm a huge fan of Speick's shave cream so I took the plunge on the shave stick. It is also incredible in terms of post shave feel, quality of lather, slickness, scent (though a little weird I really got used to it, more importantly my family likes it). I consistently get great shaves and my face always feels protecting during the shave and soft afterwards. I think after ten shaves with the stick it will last a long time based on how little is used.

I tried the Speick aftershave and it just wasn't for me. I think I'm just not a fan of alcohol based aftershaves as the scent was too strong for me (I know others really like it). The performance was great though. I've settled on witch hazel with some essential oils added (lavender, peppermint and/or lemon).

After trying a bunch of different products (Proraso, Col Conk, Nivea, RazoRock, MWF, TOBS, Van der Hagen, Fine and a few others - all very good performers) I've now found my favorite shave cream *and* shave soap (stick). Should have known they'd be from the same company. Maybe I'll stock up before I get the urge to stray :)

Keep up the good work Speick!

Ijustmissedthe50s, RyX and terstation like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

fine products.i have the speick active soap tub..very good imo..

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good that you sampled a few of the big name brands. Better that you've found one that hits all the right points.
    I haven't tried Speick so my info is second hand. I've read it's scent comes from a particular plant extract. Described as "citrus floral/patchouli"?

4. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

One of the greatest soaps you can buy

To me it's like a more medicinal lavender

Yehuda D and brit like this.
  5. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Speck is a great shave soap. The scent is hard to describe. Maybe lavender with hints of patchouli and black pepper...

brit likes this.
  6. desafetyrazor

desafetyrazor New Member

The scent is hard to describe but a) my family likes it, b) it doesn't linger long and c) it is pretty unoffensive

7. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Just had my first shave with Speick stick. It was a 3 pass shave with minor touch up's and it performed great. Followed it up with the Speick aftershave too.

I see why Speick stick gets mentioned as one of the favorites now. Wish I would have tried it sooner.

canoeroller likes this.