Discussion on Upcoming Custom Razor Raffle

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Bill, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

So... how many of you have tried the random list generator? Did you win? I hope this drawing is as much fun for y'all as it is for me... I'm having a ball, so far.

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Hope it doesnt randomly take the only time my name would come up :p

3. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

I dont know a family member that would appreciate it the way I or another TSD member would appreciate this fine blade. So I guess with that in mind your wife would be getting it back after she plants you in with the roses or where ever you have picked unless it would be ok to will it to TSD and they could do this all over again.

Issy

4. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

It was just my way of saying that you could sell it after I'm in an urn... on the shelf of shed I built, of course.;) After I'm gone, it's the property of the drawing winner. By then, it'll be worth 6 more dollars.

5. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I tried it.. and kept losing! :mad: :rofl

6 dollars!? Niiice... :D

6. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I guess we better start keeping track of all the goodies. I'm thinkin' a single "random list" generated with all names in sequence by number. The winning numbers break down like this so far.

• Bill's Razor ..... #1
    • Queen of Blades soap (5) ..... #2 ~ #6
    • Issy's soap ..... #7 ~ #11
    • Tony Miller strop ..... #12
    Dang, this is getting good!

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Too cool!!

Thanks, everyone contributing. It's kind of fun to watch the drawing grow. :cool:

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Should the razor and strop go together as a package incase the winner doesn't have a strop?

Just a thought :confused:

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Good idea, IMO.

10. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I was thinking that too, would make the prize even more 'Grand' too!

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

That actually sounds like a good idea

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yea, every now and again...ya know ;)

13. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Actually, I had planned on making a strop for it using vintage hardware. There went the surprise...

'Sides... we need to spread the love. Having a strop done by Tony is a great addition to the party and it gives one more person a nice gift.

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sorry to be the spolier :p A vintage custom strop will be the icing on the cake...Tony's strop will make someone very happy too, great idea Bill! :D

15. CatMan

CatMan Member

OMG! It's getting better and better! Great ideas! Let me see, if I understood the whole thing right. The raffle is on. It will take place around Thanksgiving, about a good month from now. We don't officially buy tickets, but instead publish our interest on this forum, and after fulfilling Bill's rules, some of us get drawn to win the prizes. Now, we are expected to make some donations to the Shave Den, instead of the (illegal) ticket purchase. So far so good. I've just a couple of questions:
    • It looks to me like instead of up to five tickets, now everybody has only one chance, which is fine with me BTW. Is this correct?
    • When should we make our donations?
    • How do we do this?

Wasn't too difficult to write 50+ words in message after all! :D

16. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

No, it is not expected, nor is it necessary But, it would be a nice gesture that would have nothing to do with this drawing...
    Donations and this drawing are two separate things. If a person doesn't want to contribute, they don't have to. I hope I have made that clear.

Maybe somebody could make a donation button in the Shave Den store for people who want to help keep the place running without one person having to foot the bill all the time????

17. CatMan

CatMan Member

Crystal clear, Bill. Thank you!

This, I think, is a great idea! Maybe even giving the option of a one time donation or a regular monthly/annual one. It's all about choices! ;)
    I believe there are people here willing to contribute, if it was just a little easier to do so.

18. CatMan

CatMan Member

Absolutely understandable! I'm 100% with you, Bill. I think everybody here, who has a genuine interest in str8 razors and admiration for your work, is. I've been thinking about this problem. Maybe you could put some stipulations in some kind of legal contract to go with the razor. Daydreaming about winning the razor, I would send it to you twice a year for honing. This would be my way of demonstrating to you that the razor is where you expect it to be.
    Just an idea ...

19. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I need to add here that Damon has generously offered one of his strops to add to the pile. Whoo Hoo!

Also... Susie is going to add some nice smells. I will post exactly what she is donating when she answers my PM.

20. gugi

gugi New Member

wow, the way this thing is going there will be more prizes than raffle entries :)
    better start soliciting more friends from other forums....

i may get frowns for decreasing the raffle odds, but I've been spreading the word....