Do you have a favourite shave stick?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, May 23, 2021.

1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I only have the Tabac Shave Stick and I enjoy it!

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I do that too, but dont mind the stick on the face. I enjoy face lathering.

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Palmoliveā€¦I have enough to last quite some time. There is still a vendor or two that has them as well.

Ijustmissedthe50s and PanChango like this.
  4. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

A few months ago I decided to put a dent in my accumulated shave sticks and I have used nothing but sticks since then.

The ones I use are:
    - Wilkinson Sword: love the blue color and this is a classic that provides great later each time
    - Speick: Another classic
    - La Toja: Miiiiight be my favorite, love the later and the fresh clean scent
    - Tabac: Classic and am also addicted to the scent
    - Razorock: I have a 6-pack of different flavors and one seems to be better than the last. The only thing that I don't like is that I don't have a shaving stick holder that fits the size, which has been a mystery to me. It's too big for La Toja/Wilkinson/Speick diameter but too small for the containers I use for my Arko.
    - Taconic Bay Rum: Because of my issue with Razorock mentioned above, I measured the diameter of the Razorock and then found that Taconic is exactly the same dimension, and so I ordered this with a goal of then using the container for Razorock once I'm done. I had never used Taconic before but I'm a fan! And the scent is great, I'm a Bay Rum fanatic
    - Arko: I don't need to say anything about Arko that hasn't been said 1,000 times before by others before me. But, I will just say that I hope I live long enough to finally use up my package of Arko sticks. At the rate I'm going that will put me at about 120, which would be a life well lived!

It's been fun to stick with sticks, and I'm going to keep it going until spring and see how many I use up. Some of these sticks really last a loooong time.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ksblazer like this.
  5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I recently picked up a La Toja shave stick. Not too fussy about the scent, but it lathers nice.

BlackGOLD and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.