Do you have a particular shave set up for certain days?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Rusty blade, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

For the longest time now I have made Sunday my "Proraso shave day". I am generally a big fan of Proraso products. I use either the white or green trio (preshave, soap and ASB). Typically, I also use a Gillette Fat Handle Tech or a Flare Tip Rocket for this Sunday shave with a GSB blade. Not sure how this evolved, but it is a habit now. Other days of the week are a free-for-all. Anything goes.

Do you have any special shave set up for a particular day of the week or occasion?

brit likes this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A long time ago I had an Excel spreadsheet razor rotation but eventually it went by the wayside.
    With hardware it seems to be whatever strikes my fancy or whatever happens to be the latest acquisition.
    Same thing with software but I find Saturdays generally have me reaching for scents that might not be the best choice to wear to work or maybe something I’m experimenting with.
    That being said, I do tend to find myself reaching for Tabac and/or Pinaud Special Reserve lots of Saturdays also. Especially if it’s going to be a He-Man type of Saturday.

brit and Rusty blade like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

No. I let Inspiration and adoration be my moderation. I either follow my whims, or get inspired by reading here. I do mostly use a different set up every day, rarely I do the same two days running.
    Ialso often use my merkur brush with merkur razors and parker brush with parker razors.

brit and Rusty blade like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

lately my monthly focus dictates what i use, but generally i use flat bottom techs and new rfb 's during the week,and tto's on the weekend..soaps and other accessories are all over the place.gsb ,nacet blades tend to be the norm as well..

Rusty blade likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup. Williams Wednesday is a must. Most of the time Tabac Tuesdays...sometimes Menthol Mondays.

Rusty blade and brit like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I like to have at least 24 hours between straight razor shaves. Since I shave later than normal on the weekend Mondays are safety razor day, either a DE or SE.

Rusty blade and brit like this.