Do you use a cartridge razor?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by qhsdoitall, Jan 10, 2008.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Cartridge razors aren't going to go away and they do have their uses. What I want to know is: Do you use one and what do you use it for? Personally, I use a Gillette Sensor for one pass quick shaves if I'm going out at night or if I'm traveling with just a carry on. I still use a brush, cream or soap however. So how about it? Is there a place for cartridge razor in your shave world?

2. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I use one on my head. I wish I could fit a DE onto my Head Blade.

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

None here. I went straight from Electric to DEs and will be moving onto straights. No room for Carts in my world.. :D

4. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Not at the moment. I will freely admit that I have been pleased with my Mach3 for several years... UNTIL I tried DE... and I can't see myself going back anytime soon.

I have spoken. ;)

5. murchmb

murchmb Member

A Sensor on occasion. A Sensor and Trader Joe's Honey Mango shaving cream is my current goto when I'm really rushed.

6. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

On occasion I'll use a injector for my head, but for everyday use it requires too much concentration. I use a M3 in the shower (on my skull) and it requires no thought. The hair up there is soft and they last a long time.

and it blade buffs like nobody's bidness ;)

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

No, no, no way--a DE, or a straight for me, please. I threw away my Mach 3 and Sensors, and the blades for them.

8. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

I switched back to DE razors in December 2006. I still have my Sensor, Mach 3, and a Fusion NIB. With my vast collection of DE's, I have no intention of using them again. Maybe tag sale items. Or: GARBAGE!

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

That's the only thing I would use a cartridge for.

10. ZiggyDeath

ZiggyDeath New Member

Fusion, if I'm in a super hurry and I'm really shabby looking, I'll rake my face and deal with the consequences later.

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

Either a Straight or DE if in a hurry for me ;) Although one of my co-workers was raving about his 5 bladed cartridge razor today....maybe I can convert him...:D

12. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

no

13. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

No, I don't.
    I don't like buying all that plastic with the blades.
    Still have a Sensor handle at home, though. I wonder what I should do with it. I don't wanna toss it but I don't need it for shaving either...

14. xChris

xChris Member

In the past couple of months, I've used a Mach3 at the gym as work because I was shaving in the shower. While it worked well initially, I found I was getting razor bumps after a few days use. So, I'm re-thinking how I will get shaves in the gym when I need them; the Mach3 can't be the preferred solution.

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Chris, how about a travel-razor? Merkur makes 'em and you can also find Gillette travel-razors on ebay.

16. xChris

xChris Member

Ya know, I've got one (and had forgotten about it -- HA!). I do remeber the cramping though with trying to hold it. Nonetheless, I should give it a shot. Thanks!

17. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

What would be the problem with bringing any DE? It's not like it's a huge apparatus to haul around... If you can carry a Mach3, a Tech shouldn't provide any problem IMO.

18. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Nope, never.. I tossed away my Sensor some years ago..

19. rafikz

rafikz Member

YMMV

For me M3 >>> DE's

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Rich, I'm just to this day not able to understand how the cartridge razor became so popular in the shaving world with canned junk. Strange, yes?