Do you use a cartridge razor?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by qhsdoitall, Jan 10, 2008.

1. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

+1

2. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

Haven't touched a cartidge since my first DE shave. Have barely touched a DE since my first full face straight shave. THough I in no way have sworn off DE, (seeing that I have about 300 blades!) but if I have the time, I want to stick to the straights until I am com[pletely proficient.

3. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Quite often, I'm not ashamed of it as it gives me a very nice shave - and when all is said and done, isn't that what it's all about? Enjoying the shave and the results?

I have a few I use but typically stay with the Sensor since I use the Sensor 3 cartridges in my HeadBlade and Dovo Head Shaver anyway.

I still use a brush most days, but often find myself rubbing on some stuff I found at Family Dollar called On The Go gel, smells great and has the slickness of ice... for $1, nuff said. :)

When I DE shave I use a Merkur Progress or HD.

Now and then I switch it up and use my Merkur MII with a Trac II blade or the UK made Azor by King of Shaves.

Hmmm, the more I think about it the more I realize I just love shaving and would hate to limit my experience to just one method when there are so many great things to try!

4. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Well, can't argue with that!

5. kevtex

kevtex Member

I use a cartridge razor on out of town trips.

6. subourbonite

subourbonite New Member

I haven't had to travel since starting DE shaving (a whole 11 days ago!). I have no plans to use a cartridge razor again. If I had to travel, I would probably use some of those single-blade fixed-head disposables.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Well since this one was bumped..

The Bunny does not use a cartridge at all... Mostly SE some DE some straight, never never never Cartridge.

Did I mention NEVER cartridge,:D

Fuzzy

8. s&g'sdad

s&g'sdad Member

I still use a Sensor when I want a single atg pass BBS with no irritation. In other words, when I'm in a hurry.:D I usually use my 50's style SS though.

Aaron

9. mmack66

mmack66 Member

Well, the canned shaving cream has been around for a while, well before the demise of DE razors.

Plus, you had athletes and hot chicks touting the benefits of the cartridge razors. What guy could resist that?

10. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

How many of the athletes touting cartridges were also touting the Super Speed back in the day? ;)

I've always been a cartridge guy. Mainly because DEs went out of mainstream long before I came of shaving age, so I didn't know better.

Hopefully once I receive delivery of my 1949 SS that all changes.

11. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I was exclusively cartridges until about 6 months ago. Now I still have my supply of cartridges before switching and use them for clean up areas once in a while, especially under the nose.

12. wksimple

wksimple New Member

I think I still have an old Sensor in the back of a drawer. Haven't touched it since switching to a DE. I don't plan on returning to it, but I can't seem to throw anything out!

13. greychamp

greychamp New Member

Why not? The idea behind this website is to get a clean, smooth, comfortable shave. If a cartridge razor works for you, go for it!! BTW, it works for me, too.

14. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

The Trac 2 is a great shaver. I use one regularly.It's really a twin blade injector after all.

15. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

Well, I still have my Sensor in my regular rotation, although not often. When I do use it, it reminds me of the great smooth shaves I get with my Merkur DE's! :D

16. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I have a light beard and sensitive skin. I would have to shave every other day with a cartridge or risked the worse razor burn of my life. I am able to obtain a BBS everyday with a DE so my face approves the DE much more. It honestly is the best thing thats happened to me since I started shaving......razor wise. And damn I have saved some bucks to!

17. Peders

Peders Member

No I don't. As I have suffered from all types of skinproblems by switching to DEs and traditional wetshaving I can not see why I would ever consider switch back.
    I could get very smooth shaves out of the M3s but not every day.
    And I think it looks nicer to have a goodlooking DE in my locker than a dinky toy ;)

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Very well said, my friend! :D

19. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

Not since I started straight shaving, but yesterday I did look at the two unused cartridges I have left and though about it, then I quickly remembered why I switched, but I'm gonna keep 'em around in case I ever forget. :D

20. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I'm going to save my old fusion for taking care of the back of my neck in the shower. It's place in the medicine cabinet has been usurped by the good stuff.