Doctor Who Series 9 is about to start ... anyone going to watch?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Eeyore, Sep 12, 2015.

1. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I think this new Doctor will grow on you this season and I am in no hurry for Clara to go. Not sorry to see Danny go, too clingy for my taste.

Dave

Bill_F likes this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I found it better than the season 8 start (granted, worse would have been difficult ;) )

Moffat is obsessed with Daleks though.

For those who haven't seen the classic Doctor Who; it's worth watching "Genesis of the Daleks".

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Bill_F, Erik Redd and Darkbulb like this.
  3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I remember watching black and white doctor who reruns before I was old enough for school. I couldn't tell you what season I'm on now but I'm at less a few from the new one.

4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I listened to the hype and watched the Season 8 start. I couldn't understand how spontaneously combusting a dinosaur until it was a pile of ash would allow them to harvest it's pituitary gland or whatever it was. I haven't watched another one since.

5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I watched it and I felt that the tank and guitar show was annoying. Overall I was entertained.
    I still think maybe Moffat has run his course and perhaps new writers should be found. Soon.

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The guitar and tank part was embarrassingly bad. I almost wanted to turn off right there. :)

It got a bit better though but I fear this might be another season-8...

Tdmsu likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Steven Moffat on the Genesis of the Daleks: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ns38g

Bill_F and Tdmsu like this.
  8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Okay, this one actually was not bad at all! Only Clara in a Dalek body was a bit cheesy; we've seen that one before.

Tdmsu likes this.
  9. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Episode 2 was better... I liked that the Doctor did not fall for the plot. Some things were still off-putting, like the tea. Overall I am happy with this one.

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ep 2 was indeed better but please -
    Show Spoiler
    those sunglasses are no sonic screwdriver replacement, looks way too dumb....

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Finally a classic Doctor Who monster!

12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

And finally a real doctor ... I'm beginning to like Capaldi indeed.

youngunn likes this.
  13. Bill_F

Bill_F Well-Known Member

I'm a solid fan. I've seen all of the episodes in the rebooted series and almost everything since Jon Pertwee.
    I'm a little behind on this season. Saw the first two, recorded the rest and will get to them soon. For me, the jury is still out on Capaldi, but that's the case whenever a new Doctor joins the series. I end up liking the new one after a while. Hope it will happen here too, it just seems to be taking a little longer this time. I disagree about Clara. I think there is a lot left in that character if the writers step it up. I'm not too thrilled about Missy either, but maybe she'll grow on me. I wouldn't mind a regenerated evil Master. I'm glad they have another Time Lord to work with. My favorite Doctor was Tom Baker, but I've liked each of the other Doctors in the series reboot, especially David Tennant.

Tdmsu likes this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Never seen it and not likely this will change,

15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Is anyone else tired of the guitar and sunglasses?
    The episode tonight had some very good points, too.

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I can't stand the sunglasses and the guitars - worst decisions ever to include that in, I assume, an effort to make him come across as younger/hipper.

Tdmsu likes this.
  17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I was not thrilled about yesterday's episode. Last week was much better, in my opinion.

Tdmsu likes this.
  18. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

All the doctors had their special thing: long scarf, leather jacket, high top tennis shoes, fez, and now an electric guitar. I liked last nights episode, because the Doctor has to live with his decision again and try to save earth from impending doom.

Dave
    oUAjBK5_tUe4pcmR4CkQqsbpWSkB3Vuxmz6IeN2AhTM (159x200) (159x200) (159x200).jpg

youngunn and Tdmsu like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think after this last episode I'm out. It's not just the idiotic sunglasses and guitar playing it just seems like the writing in general has changed for the worst.
    Personally I wouldn't be too surprised if this doctor - and season - goes down as one of the worst amongst the modern ones.
    I'll check in again once he has regenerated :)

20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I hope the writers and directors regenerate!

Darkbulb likes this.