Does anybody know of a non-pivoting cartridge razor system?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JohnTConover, May 3, 2020.

1. JohnTConover

JohnTConover New Member

*also posted in welcome center

Hello from NJ, USA.
    This is my first thread here because I've been seeking out an answer to something and these days, it's best to ask people who are knowledgeable rather than wander the internet.
    Maybe I'll post this in another thread where it will better fit on topic.

I'm looking for a 2 or 3 blade cartridge razor that DOESN'T pivot, swivel, bend, flex, move, etc. I just want it to stay still. (non-disposable as well).
    I've been using a Gillette Sensor Excel (2-blades) for years but this was discontinued and blades are getting harder & more expensive to find. So I recently switched to a safety razor which is OK, but I don't really like how wide it is or how it needs to be at a certain angle to cut properly (maybe I'm just not used to it), where as the cartridges automatically hold the blade at the correct angle, and are narrower.
    At this point I'd keep the safety razor before moving to a pivoting cartridge.

Anybody have a product in mind?

Thanks

wristwatchb likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

That is a different request, I have never seen one for a non pivoting cart razor over 3 + years on different Forums. There is no advantage to non pivoting at all other than you have to because of some unknown physical issue.
    I will just give a simple fix to see if you even you like that system at all, take some crazy glue and glue the pivoting head to a fixed state and try and see if you like it. Pivoting head is better for compensating technique problems to get a nick free shave. Good luck!

richgem likes this.
  3. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

GII is still available.

Daywalker and wristwatchb like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

You can also buy twin blades for Schick injector razors for the L type injectors and up will take twin ll blades. I have a twin blade in a L Stick Schick and have over 30 shaves with it with a few more good shaves still to go. If you shave every day or two they should not clog, but if you shave 3> days I don't know if they would not clog. The blades are spaced in a tighter configuration than a normal cartridge spacing.
    If you are prone to ingrown hairs multi blade systems are not recommended.
    Twin blades (2).jpg I bought these on Ebay. They are a very good blade IMO.
    Have some great shaves!

twhite and brit like this.
  5. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

The Trac II is non-pivoting and last time I looked you could still find blades for it. I think Personna still makes blades that will fit them too unless they stopped and I didn't notice. I don't buy the blades very often but I do use one for travel when I have to take a carry on bag.

You can find a pretty good Trac II handle if you look for the Bump Fighter razor. The carts that come with it are made to not cut super close but the handle takes Trac II carts too.

Daywalker, Ron R and wristwatchb like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

John, welcome to The Shave Den. I have this one (a Trac II), and it provides great shaves:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036PX5NU/?tag=thshde-20

And this one has earned a permanent spot in my carry-on travel kit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QMGK2MC/?tag=thshde-20

I carried the solid metal handle in my carry-on once, but it required some explanation at the TSA check point. The plastic handle so far has not received any special notice at a security checkpoint.

I'd highly recommend either handle along with the Personna blades. They shave as well or better than my double edge razors.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Ron R likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I believe gillette good news disposables are 2 blade and non pivot. If they still make them.

Ron R likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I got stopped once by TSA for an injector. So join the club. :D

Ron R and wristwatchb like this.