*DONE* Gillette Super Speed PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by wyatt46, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Super Speed PIF
    Regan and myself (Wyatt) would like to begin an ongoing PIF with this
    1973 Super Speed that he PIF'ed me.

The general idea is to give a newbie wanna be wet shaver a tool to use while they search for their 'Go To' razor,
    I think a month with the razor is good.

And this Super Speed is a great starter razor, as most of us know.
    I will include a 5 pack of Lord Platinum blades. (Donated by my Father)

Rules include...
    You must be a newbie wetshaver and a member of TSD.
    Must have at least 20 posts.
    Must not own a Gillette Super Speed.
    Agree to PIF when the time has come.
    Include some sample blades/blade with the PIF.
    Keep the PIF within TSD.
    Keep a running list of who and where this razor goes to.

• Regan PIF to
    • Wyatt PIF to...

If we can get 10 interested new members,
    We will use the randomizer to decide the first PIF.

Post and tell us your interested in receiving the Super Speed
    Good Luck
    TSD.jpg

Daytonkb and Hanzo like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Great Idea Guy's!

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Neat PIF! :happy096

4. FamousAmos

FamousAmos Member

Cool idea! I have a '47 Super speed as well as a few other gillettes. They are fun to use and it's cool using something so old.

So how are you going to determine when the time is up for the winner to pass on the PIF to another TSD wet shaver?

It would be fun to read who gets it and then have that person write a few posts about their experience with the super speed.

5. wyatt46

Hello Newbs, where are you

We figured a month would be long enough for someone to get the Wet Shave experience and decide whether they need a more or less aggressive razor.

No takers yet.
    .:confused:

OK, I will sweeten the pot with a New Wilkinson Boar Brush

C'mon Ladies and Gentlemen, this is free stuff, and...
    You will become part of TSD history

images.jpeg

6. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Good grief, I thought everyone needed at least one SuperSpeed. What an offering, big thumbs up.

7. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

I enjoy PIF'ing to newbies as well..I never tried a '47 SS..but I DO have a '54 SS..does one shave more aggressivly than the other?..I find mine to be in the "middle of the road"

ST

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Great idea...congrats to Wyatt and all who participate in this one...
    A Super Speed Chain Shave....Very cool, and should be very helpful, and I'm sure that that SS will do its part in winning over new converts...:)

9. wyatt46

I take it that you qualify for this pif...

And you have not a Super Speed in your collection.

10. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Nope, Im totally unqaulified for this one. I own two Supers and and plan to give one to my dad as a gift.

11. Str8shvr

Str8shvr New Member

I have been wet shaving for about 3 months with a merkur adjustable but would be willing to try something new and start/keep a tradition alive! let me know.

12. wyatt46

We are slowly getting some interested members posting here.
    So far we have...
    Bird Lives
    Str8shvr
    Penmanship

I will give it till Sunday April 3 then pick the lucky winner from those that applied.

13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

This is a sweet perpetual PIF Ya'll!

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I am exited to see this go around.

15. Hank

Hank Active Member

That is a great SS one of my favorites that I have in my collection !!!! This is a great idea.

16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Oh Wyatt...I'm just congratulating everyone concerned with this one, as I feel it's so hip...I'm afraid I don't qualify, as Stingrays gave me my Birth-year; '52 Black-Tip SS; on my last birthday...I don't live in the U.S....Not a Noob...Shaved with SS's for years. Only have one now..Love it !!!...And I could never part with it...:) So I Sooo don't qualify, but I think you're onto such a hip original idea here...I'm behind you all the way!!!

Come on people...this is a chance to become a part of something historical, unique, a new tradition, and to receive some great shaves...And years from now when they make the movie.."The Super-Speed That Talked"....:)

17. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

That is the plan. Hopefully we can make some good money off of the movie rights. But it is also probably good that not many people have signed up now, they would have to wait for a long time to give it a try.

18. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

I would LOVE to have the chance to participate in this and am more than willing to pass it along in a month!

I just bought the Edwin Jagger, but until last week I have shaved with a Gillette all my life. I remember my grandpa shaving with a gillette, but I have no idea what kind it was. I'd love to have it now, but have no idea what happened to it.:(

I'm really loving this forum and all of the great people on it. Maybe whoever isn't picked could be put in line to get it next month...just a thought. Not sure how you planned on picking subsequent winners?

Thanks for sponsoring this Reagan and Wyatt!

19. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Gahh everybody spells my name wrong. it is right up there aha. Regan, anyways doesn't matter much I find it funny sometimes. Anyways looks like you shall be added to the list. I believe the list is now

Bird Lives
    Str8shvr
    Penmanship
    hdflame

Only 4 takers? Have 3 days left to sign up.

20. wyatt46

I knew you were not a newb, but you don't have to be, I just thought you were without a SS.
    Deadline approaching fast folks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.